Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder 4 Leni

Old
Bankroll Builder 4 Leni - Sat Oct 05, 2013, 09:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
I want to join Bankroll Builder

Old
Sat Oct 05, 2013, 11:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 05, 2013, 04:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello LeniBeto,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars.

This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a

hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker

Basic Course
and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 06:03 AM
(#4)
* I have watched the video

* I passed Poker Basic Course

* Posted below a Play Money hand (2) using the Hand Replayer

-

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 02:33 PM
(#5)
Hi LeniBeto,

Thank you for posting these hands for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once they've been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Last edited by flophitter; Tue Oct 08, 2013 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: typo

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 04:52 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi LeniBeto!

With A9 from UTG, this is an easy one. It's nowhere near strong enough to play from this position, so I need to immediately muck it. I only want to be playing premium hands from early position, so the only hands with an A that I want to play are AK or AA. All of the others are too weak and need to be folded. Just because I have an ace or suited cards does not mean that they are playable.

If I did see the turn here (which I would not), when I hit top pair, I need to make a value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With this many opps, I need to make a pot-sized bet. This causes a problem, as I have no clue if I'm ahead or not. Yes, I have a pair, but someone could easily have me outkicked. If I knew that I had the best hand, I'm happy betting this here, but if I'm behind, I'd rather save my chips for a better situation (why I want to fold preflop, so that I don't end up in this type of situation). I also don't want to be betting less than this, as I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I do so and lose, it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

If I saw the river, a standard bet against one opponent is 1/2 pot.
-------------------

With JJ, I get two limps, then an abnormally large raise and a call. A standard raise for this opp would be to 3BB+1BB for each limper (100). Here is where a read on the opps comes into play. If the opps are tight, especially the one that called the raise, while I do have a made hand, JJ can easily be beat and I need to muck. A tight opp should only be playing pairs and overcards in this situation.
However, if the opps are loose, then while it's a gamble, I do have the odds to be in the hand. If I'm going to play the hand, I do not want to call and invite other players to stay too, as the more that are in the pot, the worse my hand will play. Due to this, I need to 3-bet shove.

The key here is that unless both opps are extremely loose, I need to muck here preflop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 05:36 PM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Wed Oct 09, 2013, 01:32 PM
(#8)
Thanks.

a Check on the flop to slow play and possibly entice the Villain to put in his remaining chips?

====

Big Bets

* To put a lot of pressure on opponents
* To gain value from very strong hands
* To bluff people off decent hands
* To protect against strong draws

====

I Passed the Cash Game Course @ 75%

Old
Wed Oct 09, 2013, 01:37 PM
(#9)
Ouch!

Old
Wed Oct 09, 2013, 02:15 PM
(#10)
Hi LeniBeto,

Thank you for posting these hands for review (I share your pain ) and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once they've been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Wed Oct 09, 2013, 04:53 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi LeniBeto! I'll analyse the hands in posts #8 and #9.

With the aces, I think you played the hand perfectly. Faced with a standard 3bb open, bumping it up to 9bb is great. When the big blind cold calls this bet, he usually has a strong hand in the pretty narrow range of QQ-99 and AK. It's often quite hard to get value when you make top set aces, because it's quite unlikely that the villain has the one remaining ace in the deck. That being said, it's still possible he has AK. Another possibility is that he has QQ and got over-setted. I'm really not a fan of slowplaying, because it misses value when villain would have called a bet, and can also lead to him taking a free card and sucking out. If he had KJ, for example, it would be a disaster if you let him see a free turn card, and he hit a ten to make the straight. Generally speaking, at the microstakes, you should play your hands in a straighforward manner. You should bet your strong hands for value, because villains will make mistaken calls. Many players are incable of folding hands like underpairs, even when you make it obvious you have them beat. You couldn't get any action this time, but don't fall into the trap of being results-oriented. If villain had something like 99, he only has 2 outs to improve, so even if you checked the flop, he'd be folding to a bet on the turn. You can't always get value for your monsters, but you can at least try. You played the hand fine, in my opinion, so should be happy.

I don't like the way you played the JT hand, I'm afraid. You're in early position, and this hand isn't strong enough to play here. Although I'd be tempted to make a raise to isolate the limper, who will often have a small pair or suited connector, there are too many players still to act, some of whom will have better hands than yours, and it will be disaster if you pick up multiple callers, as you'll have to act before most of them post-flop.
As played, you successfully isolate the limper, so you can play the pot in position. The J62 board is very dry. You made top pair, which is great, but this is the kind of spot where you are either way ahead or way behind. Villain can't have a strong draw, so the only hands that will give you action are made hands; either a pair or a set. Underpairs like 77 have very little chance of drawing out, but sets are huge favourites. You're also way behind better jacks like KJ. Betting the flop is fine. Indeed, I'd make a continuation bet on this board even if I missed, because I'd expect the villain to fold. If he calls, as he does here, I realise he's either way behind, with a small pair that won't give me any more money if I keep betting, or he has me crushed with a set or better top pair. For that reason, I'd be inclined to check the turn, as a form of pot-control. If I'm losing, I don't want to play a big pot. A pair of jacks with a ten kicker is not a big hand. It's quite marginal, in fact, but could be good if I can get it to showdown cheaply. What complicates matters here is your stack size. You can't ever fold a made hand when you have less chips in your stack than are already in the pot. You're "pot-committed". If you had started with a full stack, it would be prudent to try and keep the pot small by checking, as you wouldn't want to get all in with one pair. But since you were already short, I think you have to go all in. Unfortunately, the villain shows up with a set, so you're drawing dead. He actually made a mistake in calling your pre-flop raise. He didn't have the right implied odds to call with his speculative hand, because the maximum he could win was just the 48c you started with. When speculating, you need a chance to win a big stack.
Your short stack is another reason why you would have been better off folding pre-flop. For reasons too complex to explain here, you should play a very tight range of "big card" hands when short-stacked, such as TT+/AQ+. With those kind of hands, you'll know where you stand on the flop. With weaker hands like JT, you usually need to make two pairs or a straight to have the best hand, and that usually requires you to play to the river. You can't play to the river if you're all in on the turn!

I hope this helps and you are a bit luckier with the next stage of the promotion!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Wed Oct 09, 2013 at 05:04 PM..

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2013, 04:48 PM
(#12)
Hello LeniBeto,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 05:17 AM
(#13)
Thanks!

Focus, ditch the itch on calling those runner runners. just enjoying the game. ciao!

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 11:23 AM
(#14)
flophitter

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 04:02 AM
(#15)
hurdled some sub-zero coolers

Reached 10VPP Target!

Started Leg 3 = 3.91

Now = 17.81

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 05:12 PM
(#16)
Hi LeniBeto,

That's great news! Once those VPPs filter through to our admin systems your third Bankroll Builder bonus will be processed and it will be in your account shortly thereafter!

Now to earn your fourth and final bonus, keep applying the principles you have learned at the same tables as before until you have earned a further 10 VPPs, counting from when you receive this latest bonus.

If you lose your bankroll, please post the losing hand(s) for analysis. As ever, if you have any questions we are here for you.

flophitter

Old
Tue Oct 15, 2013, 09:09 AM
(#17)
Congratulations LeniBeto!

As you've earned enough VPPs we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com