Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

KJo BBvsSB

Old
KJo BBvsSB - Sun Oct 06, 2013, 04:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Villain is fast unkown, but I think it's pretty standard calling here, I've got position and nice hand to play vs wide enough hand range. after his cbet OTT I was fast sure I were against K. I had show down value , but is bet looked as weak block bet against closed flush draws and decided to turn my hand into bluff against splitting with KJ and more stronger hand as KQ and to take pot without show down. any comments are welcome .

Old
Sun Oct 06, 2013, 06:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Question: what do you do if he 3bet shoves the river?

It strikes me that in this spot, once you've decided to play the turn passively to control the pot, that river is not a great one for you to try raising. By doing so, you've turned your hand into a bluff, and the pot size and stack sizes being what they are, I'm unsure you are getting many better hands than KJo to muck.If you had more info on the opp than you express here, one can make the case for a river raise for value with KJo (although personally if that made sense I think I'd prefer to make it ott myself), but if you do not know for sure the opp will tend to call your river raise with >KT, I think this is probably a better spot to call the river.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 06, 2013, 10:17 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
I think raising the river is way too thin. It's almost impossible for him to call with worse.

If you are gonna raise, i'd prefer clicking it back to around $2 which could possibly get called by a Q.

@JDean, i think it's a pretty clear fold if we get raised

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 01:44 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Question: what do you do if he 3bet shoves the river?

It strikes me that in this spot, once you've decided to play the turn passively to control the pot, that river is not a great one for you to try raising. By doing so, you've turned your hand into a bluff, and the pot size and stack sizes being what they are, I'm unsure you are getting many better hands than KJo to muck.If you had more info on the opp than you express here, one can make the case for a river raise for value with KJo (although personally if that made sense I think I'd prefer to make it ott myself), but if you do not know for sure the opp will tend to call your river raise with >KT, I think this is probably a better spot to call the river.

-JDean
I didn't want him to call, it wasn't value bet. I bluffed heart OTR because of his small bet there. and I fold to his shove, because in that case I loose 100 times out of 100 and his small bet isn't block bet anymore.

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 08:58 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Shichi,

We could make a case to turn our hand into a bluff here given his river bet size but I also think that we can call the river bet when we only need to be good 15% of the time to make the call. I think by the river we expect to be good almost 30% of the time because this is a B v B situation. I expect they'd start with maybe 25% of hands and given their medium bet sizing on such a wet flop and turn I think I can discount big hands like 2pair +. OTR, we might be looking at hands such as: AA, AK, AQ, Axh, QTh, Q9h, T9h, 98h but also hands like KJ, KT, K9. Maybe nut flushes would be raising more for value OTR too. when we are turning our hand to a bluff here, what hands do we want to fold? We already beat KT/K9, AQ, and KQ is a small portion of his range given that there is a K & Q on board and we have a K (6 combos). So what we are doing is trying to get AK and AA to fold, maybe their weaker flushes like Qxs, T9s, 98s?

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 09:54 AM
(#6)
Thanks, understood

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com