Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Mon Oct 07, 2013, 03:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
BronzeStar
i want to take part in the bankroll builder

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 05:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokercolombo View Post
i want to take part in the bankroll builder
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 06:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 07:12 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar

dot know what i could of done different.

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 07:14 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
done with all three steps

Old
Wed Oct 09, 2013, 04:45 AM
(#6)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Did you have any specific reads about the villains post flop tendencies and know showdown ranges? This hand could be considered a part of the top of our range. Generally a limping range is going to be perceived as a weak range of holdings and we can raise it up to the standard sizing of 3x the big blind +1 bb for each limper. This will help to ensure a pot is built and that we get value with our hand.

Post flop, on this ace high board a low middling texture, I'd be keen to continuation bet all three streets 1/2 pot size for value, this will help to ensure the stack to pot ratio is set up perfectly for an all in on the river. It's going to be hard for either of these villains to have a range of Ax as we hold a blocker to some of the possible combos and given the fact that they limp called our raise we can exclude Ax from their range as they may have entered that range for a raise pre-flop. Very nice hand and pot! What an extremely light call from the villain holding

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Wed Oct 09, 2013, 04:46 AM
(#7)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 11:09 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
to put heavy pressure on oppenents
to bluff oppenents off their decent hand
to get value from our very strong hand
to protect against strong draws

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 11:20 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I passed the test
have a couple of hands to show but having trouble with the hand replayer ill try again later.
also I am still playing with the first bonus have made it to around 10 dollars do i have to lose this before i get the next bonus? is FPPs and VPPs the same thing?

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 03:56 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar

the villant was very loose so i figured i had him beat or be able to bluff him out

I figured he had two pair all the way

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 04:03 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
hands I think were played right

just to show what i think is right

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 08:26 PM
(#12)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on a 35bb stack depth this hand is certainly worthy of a raise on the button, we will have a positional advantage versus the blinds and generally will be up against a loose defending range, which is what we want as our hand will flop strong and have even high card showdown value on certain board textures.

Post flop, the board is low and middling and this is the type of tecture we want to consider just checking back on the flop and delay continuation betting the turn. The reason for this depending on the villains tendencies (if they're loose) a common defending range is going to be middling 98 T8 J8 Q8 K8 A8 97 and spade combos with the expection of Tx reverse floating us on the flop to try and turn equity. A good rule of thumb, is to not bluff at these stakes, focus on value betting strong made hands, this will show the most profit in the long run. When you build a bank roll and move up in stakes then that is when you will need to start bluffing and making other appropriate adjustments to your attributes.

Hand Analysis

Whenever you decide that your hand is playable and being first to enter the pot, do so with a standard sizing of 3x the big blind, this will help to give you intiative in the pot. However, I'm not necessarily saying that this hand is worthy of a raise in middle position, with so many players left to act behind us we can easily be out kicked by a better range of 9x or 8x and we will not be flopping equity that often with this hand. I'd prefer just folding this hand pre-flop.

Post flop, we have to discount all queens as our outs as that may give the villains a better made straight, also the as that may give them a flush. Our equity is very minimal, even if we make our striaght to the king we wont feel comfortable betting it for value and at best we may get one street wort of value on a four to a straight board (on the river).

When the villain goes all in the river, especially when the board has paired, without having any specific reads about this villains tendencies I'd strongly consider folding, all two pair combos may bet call the raise on the turn as well some Tx combos. They just have a little bit over a pot sized bet and it appears they are trying to make up for lost value on previous streets. Unfortuante outcome on the river.

Hand Analysis

Did you have any specific reads about villain4's tendencies? Generally a limping range is perceived as a weak range of holdings. With so many limpers in the pot faced with one isolation raise from V4, I'd prefer just flat calling if we had not reads, the plus side to just flat calling their raise is that we'll have positional advantage post flop. If we are to 4bet (re-raise) we could be isolating ourself versus a better range of hands AK AA KK QQ JJ TT which most of this range right here might 5bet all in pre-flop and now we'd be stuck 25bb being forced to fold pre-flop.

Post flop, even though we have the intiative and thin show down value versus worse high card combos, with out reads I'd consider folding on the turn even if we are getting a good price for pot odds to bluff catch. JJ TT QQ are hands the villain may have called our raise with pre-flop in hopes of no over cards coming post flop..

Hand Analysis

I'd go with at most 4x the big blind for a raise pre-flop, anything larger than that blind versus blind may telegraph the strength of our hand.

Post flop, we have second set and it would be safe to say that the villain doesn't have AA as they would have raised us pre-flop... This isn't a flop texture to be slow playing, in fact, there are several hands that we can get value from such as weak Ax KJ QJ KT QT 55 or spade combos, this is a drawy board.. I would have continuation bet 3/4 pot size to get value from the range mentioned above. Check raising does have some merit, but given the villain doesn't have the pre-flop intiative, a good rule of thumb is that players will check their draws but they'll also call bets with them to.

Hand Analysis

Holding the second best starting hand in NLHE 100bb deep, this is a snap 3bet from the blinds. Your sizing is spot on, 3x the villains open.

Post flop, your continuation bet sizing is really good on such a dry flop texture that generally will not hit a tight flat 3bet range, as it may induce light bluff raises with AK AQ AJ AT 88 99 TT. Betting anything more than 1/2 pot is going to generate to many folds as it's just so difficult for the villain to call a large sizing. When the villain raises us, I'd prefer clicking it back or min raising them, this will get them to spazz out with the ranges mentioned above.. basically it leaves them room to make a mistake based on their stack depth... Nice pot!

Hand Analysis

75bb deep, villain6's raise is extremely large.. any reads about their tendencies? We have blockers to pocket aces and king, so we can some what narrow their range down to AQ AJs QQ JJ TT. Basically any hand that we get the villain to commit we are either in a coin flip situation 50/50 or have them slightly dominated. If the villain hasn't been to active and been playing tight, I'd consider folding pre-flop. Usually a raise sizing of that amount is indicative (waving brightly colored flags lol) of them having a STRONG HAND! However if they've shown loose tendencies I'd do just as you did and put them all in. Nice pot and nice hand.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 08:33 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokercolombo View Post
I passed the test
have a couple of hands to show but having trouble with the hand replayer ill try again later.
also I am still playing with the first bonus have made it to around 10 dollars do i have to lose this before i get the next bonus? is FPPs and VPPs the same thing?

Hi,

It appears you've got the hand replayer sorted! If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Nice profit so far and without a doubt you will certainly move up in stakes after your Bank Roll Builder training! VPPs and FPPs are two entirely different things.. below is an over view of the two and how they differ.

VPPs determine your VIP level on a monthly or yearly basis. Monthly VPPs reset on the first day of each calendar month. Yearly VPPs reset on January 1st of every year. VPPs are used as a monthly and yearly counter of your play and are not redeemable.

FPPs have value and can be redeemed by entering tournaments, purchasing items from the VIP Store, or exchanging to cash.

Each time you earn one VPP you will also earn one or more FPPs based on your VIP level. For example, if you are a Supernova player you will earn 3.5 FPPs for each VPP.

Move up the VIP levels to access better rewards. Check out the VIP Tiers page for a comparison of the rewards and benefits available to each VIP level.

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2013, 02:59 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
I earned 10 vpps

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2013, 05:44 AM
(#15)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com