Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL KK Deepstack multiway

Old
2NL KK Deepstack multiway - Tue Oct 08, 2013, 07:29 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($3.40)
SB ($2.34)
BB ($3.81)
UTG ($0.91)
Hero (MP) ($5.94)
CO ($3.96)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, K
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, Button raises to $0.14, SB calls $0.13, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.44) 10, 7, 7 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.24) 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

River: ($2.64) 4 (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $2.16 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $2.64 | Rake: $0.09

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Had no hands on villain. What is the best line? 5bet and cry fold if he 6bets?

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 07:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
... why are we calling pre?

As played, call down. He can be doing this with JJ - QQ for value given we called pre.

Last edited by birdayy; Tue Oct 08, 2013 at 07:33 AM..

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 07:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Hi MrFlopes,

We have a premium hand & get lots of action. I am 4betting p/f to $0.65 - $0.75 [SB only calls BTN's 3bet] to isolate... & jamming 'all in' if BTN 5bets. If he has AA or TT, then so be it.

As played, I'm with birdayy & calling OTR.

GL @ the tables.

BR

Tony [aka Prodigy237]

Last edited by Prodigy237; Tue Oct 08, 2013 at 10:52 AM..

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 07:55 AM
(#4)
Hi, birdayy. I'im calling pre because i'm deep and don't want to fold to a 6bet. Don't know if we're deep enough to fold it pre, tought. Deepstack poker OOP is a mess.

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 08:06 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy237 View Post
Hi MrFlopes,

We have a premium hand & get lots of action. I am 4betting p/f to $0.65 - $0.75 [SB only calls BB's 3bet] to isolate... & jamming 'all in' if BB 5bets. If he has AA or TT, then so be it.

As played, I'm with birdayy & calling OTR.

GL @ the tables.

BR

Tony [aka Prodigy237]
Hi, Prodigy.

Yeah, i guess with the SB call there is already too much money in the pot, we must raise. And it's 2NL mistake prone, i can find worse hands going in vs KK, deepstack.

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 08:31 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlopes View Post
Hi, birdayy. I'im calling pre because i'm deep and don't want to fold to a 6bet. Don't know if we're deep enough to fold it pre, tought. Deepstack poker OOP is a mess.
Hi MrFlopes,

If you're not comfortable playing 'Deepstack' poker & its affecting your decisions... when you reach 200BB close down the table[s] & 'buy in' again with 100BB.

BR

Tony [aka Prodigy237]

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 10:24 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi MrFlopes,

I agree with the other posters. I like a preflop 4b here to about .38, especially so after the SB cold calls the 3-bet... we don't have reads given but the SB taking this action is either a fish or has a big hand that is not AA (as he'd probably 4b AA himself). Either way we want to be getting more money in against the SB and maybe isolating him if the 3-bettor releases.

As played, I'm snap calling this river. Put yourself in the button's shoes and pretend you hold JJ or QQ... after you get check/called twice, would you still think you're good on this river? Of course, and so does he. We lose to TT and AA, beat JJ/QQ, so right there we are a 4-3 favorite to have the best hand over his pure value betting range, AND we pick off any busted spades that are bluffing or other pure steals, which there could be some small % of. Our line has underrepped our hand strength and created a situation where the button will be betting all in with more worse hands than better ones vs. KK.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 11:06 AM
(#8)
Hi Langolier.

Yes, totally understand the pre-flop play. Post-flop, in villain shoes, i personaly would never be abble to bet 100bbs with an overpair. So that's why i can't call it either.

Prodigy, i know. But i have to start playing deepstack to learn it.

Thx, guys.

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 11:47 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi MrFlopes,

I agree with the other posters. I like a preflop 4b here to about .38, especially so after the SB cold calls the 3-bet... we don't have reads given but the SB taking this action is either a fish or has a big hand that is not AA (as he'd probably 4b AA himself). Either way we want to be getting more money in against the SB and maybe isolating him if the 3-bettor releases.

As played, I'm snap calling this river. Put yourself in the button's shoes and pretend you hold JJ or QQ... after you get check/called twice, would you still think you're good on this river? Of course, and so does he. We lose to TT and AA, beat JJ/QQ, so right there we are a 4-3 favorite to have the best hand over his pure value betting range, AND we pick off any busted spades that are bluffing or other pure steals, which there could be some small % of. Our line has underrepped our hand strength and created a situation where the button will be betting all in with more worse hands than better ones vs. KK.
Hi Dave,

Can I ask about your 4b size here... Should we not make it larger to isolate i.e. 3x 3bet + 1 caller [SB], so $0.56 [minimum] OOP... otherwise is there a risk both the BTN & SB come along for the ride?

Thanks,

Tony [aka Prodigy237]

Last edited by Prodigy237; Tue Oct 08, 2013 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: Added

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com