Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

My Bankroll Builder

Old
My Bankroll Builder - Wed Oct 09, 2013, 01:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Wed Oct 09, 2013, 05:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 09, 2013, 05:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello Ak@sha81,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Bankroll Builder Hand Analysis - Sat Oct 12, 2013, 12:44 PM
(#4)

Hand Analysis.

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 05:02 PM
(#5)
Hi Ak@sha81,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 06:25 PM
(#6)
I also have passed the quiz.
Ty

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 08:07 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ak@sha81!

With 99 on the button, I get 3 limps in front of me. I'm going to limp behind and setmine here with 99, since the stacks are deep enough. As another option, I could also make a standard raise with it here to 3BB+1BB for each limper (60 chips).
I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. I either want to bet 10 or 60 here.. no more, no less. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent... something that I need to avoid doing.

I see a flop with only one overcard. When it checks to me, I'm going to make a value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 3 opps in the pot, I need to bet 3/4 pot (371 chips). However, this bet is over 1/3 of my remaining chips, which means that if I make this bet, I'm pot-committed and cannot ever fold, so I would need to shove the flop. I really don't want to shove with a marginal pair if I don't have to, so I'm going to check behind here for pot control.
If I bet, I do not want to bet less than 371, as doing so can give the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I do so and they do outdraw me, it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

The key here is to make standard bets, both preflop and postflop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 09:14 AM
(#8)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Hand replayer - Thu Oct 17, 2013, 10:50 AM
(#9)

Old
Another hand - Thu Oct 17, 2013, 10:58 AM
(#10)

Old
Reasons why a player may want to make a big bet - Thu Oct 17, 2013, 11:10 AM
(#11)
List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

1-To put a lot of pressure on opponents
2-To protect against strong draws
3-To bluff people off decent hands

Old
Step Two completed - Thu Oct 17, 2013, 11:18 AM
(#12)
I also have passed the cash quiz.

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2013, 02:47 PM
(#13)
Hi Ak@sha81,

Thank you for posting these hands for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once they've been analysed I will award your next bonus and we can move to the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2013, 03:22 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Ak@sha81,

22 Hand: I think you played this hand well. I like raising to take initiative in the hand and look to win the pot uncontested or with a cbet when called. I would prefer a slightly bigger raise something like 0.08 or 0.10 because of the dead money in the pot when the villain posts out of turn. When we are raised, we can easily let our hand go since we cannot call to set mine profitably with the stack sizes.

AJ Hand: I would prefer raising myself preflop. I personally don't advocate a limping strategy. When we raise we have a better chance to win the blinds and play post flop more profitably with initiative. As played, I don't mind your line and with our stack size we are looking to put the rest of the money in.

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2013, 06:20 PM
(#15)
Hello Ak@sha81,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
VPPs - Tue Oct 29, 2013, 01:17 PM
(#16)
I´ve Earned 10 VPPs.

Old
Tue Oct 29, 2013, 05:04 PM
(#17)
Hi Ak@sha81,

That's great news! Once those VPPs filter through to our admin systems your third Bankroll Builder bonus will be processed and it will be in your account shortly thereafter!

Now to earn your fourth and final bonus, keep applying the principles you have learned at the same tables as before until you have earned a further 10 VPPs, counting from when you receive this latest bonus.

If you lose your bankroll, please post the losing hand(s) for analysis. As ever, if you have any questions we are here for you.

flophitter

Old
vpps - Sun Nov 03, 2013, 06:10 PM
(#18)
I´ve lost my 3rd bonus before earning another 10 vpps.

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2013, 08:26 AM
(#19)
Sorry to hear that Ak@sha81, but we'll have this hand looked at and afterwards I can award you with your fourth bonus.

flophitter

Old
Tue Nov 05, 2013, 01:40 AM
(#20)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on a stack depth of 4bb and considering that our option to pay for an extra orbit is coming up, I'd definitely go all in with this hand just as you did. Even though we have no fold equity..the villains may call us a bit lighter than they normally would if the we where sitting with 40bb+. Yes, there are several villains left behind us to act..which in turn increases the likelihood of a better range to be dealt..but we really have no room to maneuver with our stack depth to grind it out for a better hand..as we are on the risk of ruin blinding out..

Hope this helps.

Good luck and good decisions,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com