Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankrollbuilder

Old
Bankrollbuilder - Thu Oct 10, 2013, 03:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
i want to take part in this promotion,i passed all the quizs and haven't deposited yet

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2013, 06:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 12:51 AM
(#3)
Hi Brzyzim,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Fri Oct 11, 2013 at 12:55 AM..

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 01:41 PM
(#4)

What i'm wondering is in the situation of a overpair like 10 10 on flop should my action be to bet high or check and see what the turn and river will bring considering the fact that there are still 4 more overcards(16 outs) that they can hit. Especialy in the case of someone raising high and me calling the raise instead of me raising. And if i am raising what size the raise should it be(preflop)

i finished the basic course and watch the clip

Thank you for your time

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 03:16 PM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 04:00 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Brzyzim!

With TT on the button, I get a min-raise, then 4 calls. I'm going to make a standard raise and the key is the sizing of it. I need to raise to between 3X the previous bet or a pot-sized raise. With multiple opps in the pot, I tend to go for the higher end of this range, so I will raise to 135 (pot-sized raise).

The flop is three unders with multiple straight draws and a flush draw. When it checks to me, I'm going to make a standard value bet. Bets postflop need to be made based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With four opps, I need to make a pot-sized bet of 820. I cannot bet less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me... something that I need to avoid doing, as if I do this and they do outdraw me, it's my own fault that I lose the hand. However, this bet of 820 does something. It's over 1/3 of my remaining stack, which means that if I make this bet, I cannot ever fold. Due to this, I need to SHOVE the flop.

I only want to shove when I need to make a bet that pot-commits me and I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent... something I want to avoid.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 04:31 PM
(#7)
thanks,it helps alot. How do i proceed now?

Last edited by Brzyzim; Fri Oct 11, 2013 at 04:45 PM..

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 04:48 PM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 06:24 PM
(#9)
1. to put presure on a opponent,
2. to gain value from a very strong hand
3. to protect against strong hands.

and this tutorial helped alot.

i passed the cash quiz and have 2 hands i'd like advice on

here i flop 2 pair with a straight draw all around, should i keep betting big or is the risk of someone hitting the straight high enough to keep it on check/small bet.

here i hit the flush but got a second Q on the river, i called the bluff since it's a hand i consider i can't fold. did i do the right move or did i just get lucky?

thanks for your time

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 12:53 AM
(#10)
Thank you for posting these hands for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once they've been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 08:44 AM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Brzyzim,

Hand#1: I think we can do both, lead at the flop or x/r. I think I would bet bigger OTT and fold to a raise. We can still get called by AQ, AK, Ax with spades. But when we are raised our two pair can be counterfeited by AJ and we need to be aware of the KQ too. OTR, I'd bet smaller just to get called lighter. Well played.

Hand#2: I think I would prefer a fold preflop. As played, after both opponents check we can bet the flop to try to pick up the pot right away or build a bigger pot incase we do make a flush against the BB if they check called with Qx. OTT, I think we need to raise so that we don't give a naked diamond that is higher than a 9 good odds to draw out on us. With the paired board and three diamonds on board against a raise with our 97d I would just call here and not re-raise back because we will hardly get called by a worse hand imo. Well done.

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 09:22 AM
(#12)
thanks for the help

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 10:50 AM
(#13)
Hi Brzyzim,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 01:39 PM
(#14)
I got over 10 FPP since i got the $2. i have a question regarding the bankroll tho. my sister sent me 1 dollar before todays bankroll(she sent it today) and i have over 10 now in total,am i allowed to send it back to her?

and am I allowed to use it for tournaments and sit and go?

Last edited by Brzyzim; Sat Oct 12, 2013 at 04:18 PM..

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 08:53 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Brzyzim!

The only VPP's that count are ones since your last bonus (this morning).. any that you got before then do not count.

Also, if you play even one cash tourney (mtt or sng), you will be INELIGIBLE for all future bonuses in this promotion. Also, do NOT transfer until you are done with this promotion.

Please play the 2NL FULL RING tables to get to 10 VPP's with this buy-in ONLY.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 05:23 AM
(#16)
got it,not a problem,and i already got over 40 FPP since the morning,what i do now?

had to show that losing hand

Last edited by Brzyzim; Sun Oct 13, 2013 at 10:54 AM..

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 12:00 PM
(#17)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 08:06 AM
(#18)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brzyzim View Post
got it,not a problem,and i already got over 40 FPP since the morning,what i do now?

had to show that losing hand
Hi Brzyzim!

I would actually recommend folding AJo preflop. I know it sounds nitty, but lets look at the situation. You have a deep stacked early position raiser and no read. Most ep opening ranges consist of at least A10s and 88+. You are behind the pocket pairs and behind most of his Ax range. This is going to make it tough to play your hand postflop even though you have position on the raiser. Secondly, you are in too early of a position to just call. AJo does not play well postflop if you get a string of callers behind you who also have position on you. And, if someone 3bets you should fold. I wouldn't mind calling if you had been on the btn and had AJs, but here there are too many factors fighting against you. Folding preflop would be best.

As played, you flop top pair. You are now beating most of the pocket pair hands in his range, but behind all the Ax hands, especially with the 10 on the board. Calling the flop is probably fine, but we are going to be lost if he leads out again on the turn.

The board pairs on the turn and the villain fires another bullet. The only thing you are beating now is a semi-bluff with JJ, QQ and KK, or perhaps something like KQ. I think I would fold here.

As played, you get a good card on the river. Now you are splitting with all the Ax hands, beating all the pocket pair hands and losing to 1010. I suggest just calling here. Raising all in accomplishes very little for you. I dont think we can expect to gain more value from hands we are beating such as JJ, QQ or KK. The only hands that might pay us off would be worse full houses such as 10x. It seems more likely that we are splitting the pot. With that being said the only hand you are losing to is pocket 10s so moving all in doesn' rate to be that big of a risk, but it is unneccessay nonetheless at 2NL since it is definitely part of his opening range here.

The main point to take from this hand is your preflop call. Hands like AJo and A10o typically win small pots against villains without an ace, or lose big ones to villains with an ace AND a better kicker.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 10:26 AM
(#19)
Congratulations!

As you have been awarded all of your bonuses, you have completed the Bankroll Builder Promotion!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the hand analysis forums in the Poker Education section. Also, it is a good idea to review some of the content on Bankroll Management at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com