Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

KK OTB NL10 deep ante

Old
KK OTB NL10 deep ante - Fri Oct 11, 2013, 08:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
I'm not sure because of my play there, cause didn't have info on the villain. but when I think about it what could play that way except AA ?
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...907_F8DF09F0FB

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 09:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
It's 4bet call or a fold. Now, it's a dinner.

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 09:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Without any info you can assume he plays like that with AA, KK, AKs and rarely some random hands, if he was spewing off at the moment.
Versus that range we are certainly ahead.

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 10:16 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
With no info on villain, I would rather be carefull and flat the 4bet and play in position its 250bb!! we are risking here. And have a plan, if a low board comes how many streets am i calling? if board its Q-J high how many streets im calling?

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 11:45 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamblingProp View Post
Without any info you can assume he plays like that with AA, KK, AKs and rarely some random hands, if he was spewing off at the moment.
that's why I shoved but I didn't like it
Agree with you carlos I thought about calling IP, but it's so huge monster
and pls advice 5bet sizing.

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 12:02 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Shichi,

I agree with Carlos, we should never be 5-betting here without reads. The reason is KK plays well in position against most villains cold 4-betting range which is probably QQ+ and AKs, and maybe JJ/AKo if their looser. But their 6-bet stack off range playing 250bb's deep is probably KK/AA only, and for some literally only AA.

As for 5b sizing, I like about 6.20 here since we're so deep, but again this is not a good line imo in this spot.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 12:03 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamblingProp View Post
250 bb's deep that is super bad to be stacking off AKs and random hands for 6-bets preflop, I'd say we need a read to assume this, not the other way around imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 12:28 PM
(#8)
Thanks a lot

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com