Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL

Old
25NL - Fri Oct 11, 2013, 08:45 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
What range do you put villain on?

The fish that limped was a major donator that raised random hands and limped ATC sometimes he raised 22 sometimes he limped this guy was just clicking buttons but obviously understood hand strength because he was capable of folding TPTK on a dry flop when one of the other regs raised him 6x.

So what does the reg raise on the river there? Obviously the fish is weak and like i said he has a fold button so do you think that they just raise the river there on a bluff or do you think he checked back JJ or a turned straight draw because there obviously isolating him with a wide range.

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 08:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
I think with jj he would bet OTT too, he might slow play QQ, T9 makes sense for me also , but bluffing makes a lot of sense there, because of fish's small bet OTR.

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 08:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
JJ/QJ is a possibility, but QJ bets the turn. River raises are strong, so i tend not to put him on a bluff. I can see trhe reg isolating with JJ QJ and not T9, not that good of a hand to isolate a loose fish.

Last edited by MrFlopes; Fri Oct 11, 2013 at 08:58 AM..

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 08:58 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlopes View Post
JJ/QJ is a possibility. River raises are strong, so i tend not to put him on a bluff. I can see trhe reg isolating with JJ QJ and not T9, not that good of a hand to isolate a loose fish.
I think QJ and JJ bets OTT.

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 09:01 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
Yeah, i would bet JJ on turn too. I would never bluff the fish, tought. That leaves T9 (i don't think he slowplays the fish with QQ), a hand that, if not sooted, i wouldn't iso.

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 09:08 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
So do we think the reg is weighted to a bluff or value i saw him and the other guy to his left doing these big raises with this line a few times and when they did have A good hand it was bet bet bet.

I got owned by the fish he open limped UTG i raised him to a $1 with 99 board was 923 i bet close to pot he called turn was a T i potted and shoved river he flips over TT.

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Mike,

JJ is possible, I doubt he would have a hand like QJ as he'd bet the turn for value vs. the fish. It's also possible to be a hand like AJ raising for value. It may seem thin, but the fish's tiny bet of 1 into 5.65 screams weakness, thus seems very unlikely he has a Q and he might be bad enough to pay off with a hand like JT. And, knowing he 1) has a weak hand in all likelihood and 2) has a fold button, it's possible he could be raising with just ace high to move him off 3rd pair or worse. Also I wouldn't rule out a hand like T9s that was isolating him pre.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com