Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Hello!

Old
Hello! - Fri Oct 11, 2013, 10:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion. What i have to do?
Thank you!

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 11:10 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 09:18 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello Five 0f Kind,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Hello, flophitter - Sat Oct 12, 2013, 11:51 AM
(#4)
Thank you very much for this opportunity.I am very happy to be part of Poker School Online and i want to learn everything from you about poker. I followed your advice and i have two hands witch i'm very curious if i acted correct.

1) This is from a Freeroll tourney, i had a decent hand and i wanted to lose some players with my all in. Was that good?

2) This is from a Play Money 9 handed table. I had a decent hand and i moved all in. Was that good?

Thank you very much!

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 04:57 PM
(#5)
Hi Five 0f Kind,

Thank you for posting these hands for review, however the first one is a tourney hand and this promo is concerned with ring games. I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you, if he has time maybe he can comment on your tourney hand too. (If not, you are most welcome to post it in the appropriate Hand Analysis thread in the forum).

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once they've been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 08:15 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Five 0f Kind!

With a very marginal hand (A8), I get 3 limps in front of me. Since I'm out of position in the SB, I need to fold this preflop. If I had AA, AK or maybe AQs, then I'd consider raising and shoving, but any other ace is way too weak to be playing.

With AQ in the SB, I get 6 limps in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 9BB or 90 chips. I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent... something that I need to avoid.

I then get min-raised to 170 and get two other callers. With this many in the pot, since they most likely won't fold to another raise, I need to call and see the flop. I do not want to be all-in against this many players with an unmade hand (I only have ace high). I will then re-evaluate on the flop.

When I totally miss the flop, I need to check and fold to any sizable bet by any of the opponents.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Hi, JWK24 - Sun Oct 13, 2013, 02:30 AM
(#7)
Thank you very much for your time and for the analysis. I will keep your advice in mind for the future and i will try to improve my game.

Have a great day!

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 01:44 PM
(#8)
Hi Five 0f Kind,

Now just let me know when you have passed the Poker Basics quiz and I can award you with your first bonus and we can move onto the next step!

flophitter

Old
Hello flophitter, - Sun Oct 13, 2013, 04:05 PM
(#9)
I changed my mind. I don't wanna take part of this anymore. I will lose anyway. I passed the SnG quiz, i received 2 tickets and lost against T/3 AND T/9 =)) GOOD JOKE. That will happen with those 8$ too. One hand gives, one hand will take and two legs will crush my soul! From 100 hands, 90 i will lose against bad beats. I see also i can't post hands here anymore in hand replayer. Maybe some people don't wanna see bad beats. Good day!

Last edited by Five 0f Kind; Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 06:26 AM..

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 09:32 AM
(#10)
Hi Five 0f Kind,

Sorry to see you leave the promotion. The luck element in poker is variable, very variable. And over a long time scale, too. The cards are dealt fairly and randomly but that's not to say the luck (from your point of view) will be even and steady. It may come in waves. Just as if you toss a coin 10 times you may have several heads or tails in a row. I am unaware of any general problem with posting hand replayer hands, perhaps it was a temporary glitch.

If you change your mind you will be very welcome to continue.

flophitter

Old
Hi, flophitter - Wed Oct 23, 2013, 07:23 AM
(#11)
Hope this would bother you, today is my birthday, and i love ghifts! I'm sure PokerStars can afford to give me a free ticket. Where i have to ask?

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 03:04 PM
(#12)
Happy Birthday Five 0f Kind! With a little effort you can earn up to $8 in this Bankroll Builder promotion. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to give birthday gifts, much as I would like to.

Enjoy your special day,

flophitter

Old
Hi, - Sun Dec 08, 2013, 12:37 PM
(#13)
Thank you for your wishes. What i have to do to continue in this promotion?

Last edited by Five 0f Kind; Mon Dec 09, 2013 at 12:52 PM..

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2013, 06:33 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five 0f Kind View Post
Thank you for your wishes. What i have to do to continue in this promotion?
Hello,

Please let us know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic quiz and we'll ship your first bonus to you

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thank you Raiser, - Fri Dec 13, 2013, 12:01 AM
(#15)
I passed the quiz. Thank you and please excuse me for any inconvenience caused by my change of mind.

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 05:46 PM
(#16)
Welcome back and.... Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Hi, - Mon Dec 23, 2013, 02:14 PM
(#17)
I completed those 3 steps and i'm ready for the next step in this promotion. At least i think so...

1) Passed the Quizz,

2) Q - Why a player may want to make a big bet?
A - 3) To put pressure on opponents
- 2) To protect the hand against fish
- 3) For value and to build a big pot

3) Here's a hand from 1/2c RM Zoom table which creates me a big problem.
At that moment, I really thought i'm the winner, So i was trying to build a big pot and put some pressure on opponent, flopping top pair. But after... i was saying things like: "OMG i should've know something is wrong!"

Thank you for your time!

Last edited by Five 0f Kind; Mon Dec 23, 2013 at 02:25 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 02:15 PM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Please Note: Due to the holiday period please allow extra time for your Bankroll Builder reply from the Team

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 02:29 PM
(#19)
Hello, royalraise85

Thank you for your quick reply.

"Please Note: Due to the holiday period please allow extra time for your Bankroll Builder reply from the Team" - No problem at all!

Wish you all, Happy Holidays!!!

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 03:41 PM
(#20)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi Five of Kind!

I think you were a bit unlucky this hand and you played it pretty well.

I like the raise preflop, anything between $0.06-$0.08 from Early Position is good.

You flop a very strong hand, top pair top kicker. There are relatively few straight draws and no flush draws so you've got every reason to believe that you have the best hand.

I like the Flop Continuation Bet. However as there are 3 other players in the pot, I would make the bet larger than normal, something like $0.22-$0.25 as you are likely going to get called by at least one of the opponents.

You get one call and a min-raise. This is an unusual play but he might be doing it with all sorts of holdings, such as Qx (worse than yours), two pair, three of a kind or a straight draw or even as a bluff.

I agree with your decision that you should reraise as you still likely have the best hand and want to protect it. However due to V1's small stack size, I would like to put him all in now, as he will likely go all in on any turn card anyway. I would either raise to $0.73 or go all in. I am not really concerned about V9's holding.

If V1 had more chips and wasn't committed to going all in, you could've just called his raise and see what happened on the turn and/or river. However because he had a short stack, you had no real choice but to go all in and you were a bit unlucky that you came up against a flopped set.

Have a great holiday season!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com