Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Why is there $10 prizepool?

Old
Why is there $10 prizepool? - Sat Oct 12, 2013, 02:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Why is there a $10 prizepool for open league games couldnt that be used for other promotions?

Instead of $10 gtd prize pool why not make it like 1,000,000 play chips gtd prize pool? Or something like that?

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 05:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
and get even more donks playing them?

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 06:29 AM
(#3)
(Moderator)
This is something that you could suggest by email to ideas@pokerstars.comI know that they may not always respond, but they will always give consideration to ideas, and suggestions.

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 07:55 AM
(#4)
Probably less donks would be motivated to play in them since they cant win any freeroll money. Also players from countries that cant play for real money might be able to register for them just not be able to qualify for the leaderboard prizes.

Last edited by pokerstar671; Sat Oct 12, 2013 at 07:58 AM..

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 09:51 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hey pokerstar!

As long as there are leaderboard prizes involved in the games, the US members cannot play.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hey pokerstar!

As long as there are leaderboard prizes involved in the games, the US members cannot play.

John (JWK24)
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 01:40 PM
(#7)
I see ok

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2013, 10:34 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleBeetl View Post
Hi Guy,
If U play for $$$, U want the Americans back
sleepy

Old
mingman51 - Mon Nov 04, 2013, 12:08 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Why would any sane person want 1,000.000 play chips??????????

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2013, 10:36 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstar671 View Post
Why is there a $10 prizepool for open league games couldnt that be used for other promotions?

Instead of $10 gtd prize pool why not make it like 1,000,000 play chips gtd prize pool? Or something like that?
Hey poker.

I think it's like how it was in the old PSO Skill League,the one they ran before US players were booted,in that they have to award prize money in order to calibrate the points awarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleBeetl View Post
A very decidedly bad thing,for everyone. But especially for us American players. Would that we could transfer money,I would ship you a quarter so you could buy a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyolman View Post
Hi Guy,
If U play for $$$, U want the Americans back
sleepy
Thanks sleepy,hopefully that will be a reality again and sooner than later. One thing's sure,the whole site will see prize pools increase in every freeze out MTT by a lot. More ring tables running,the whole nine yards.

Plus we bring plenty of fish of our own to the pool (like me,for instance).

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2013, 10:40 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Plus we bring plenty of fish of our own to the pool (like me,for instance).
Keep the barracuda's to yourself.. lolololol

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 05, 2013, 08:44 AM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2012
Having the US back would be great.

More players = more games. Even in the current climate there are plenty of US players with disposable income who aren't very good. Plenty that are good too of course.

Old
Tue Nov 05, 2013, 10:31 AM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Like all the other countries, most poker players in the US aren't good.

The US market being back on Stars will be a huge fish boom, make no mistake. Sure there will be some good players who are playing elsewhere now or have transitioned to live, but don't forget that some of the US pros relocated so you're still playing with some % of them. None of the US fish relocated for online poker.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Cool
Sat Nov 16, 2013, 09:07 PM
(#14)
HI ALL

1st, let me address the original poster, pokerstar671.
I am neither a Great nor Unique Poker Player but i do fall into
what I consider to be a fairly unique class of Online Poker Players.
I have Never deposited & Never gone broke.
After i had built up my play Money chips to 6 million & felt there was nothing left to
in that level of play, I touched a banner that led me to my 1st encounter with the PSO
tourny that had essentially the same format as the current Open League. This was in late August, 2010.
I quickly found PSO to be a true Wealth of Information with on-point topics designed for Meeeee.
More impoprtant, I could win "REAL MONEY" to enter real money tournies like the $.02 / 990 man MTT.
Soon after that I found my Regional tournies & League so there was another source of $$$.
Then I found the best of all, the Facebook tournies which were full of folks siting at their desks & not the least bit interested in playing profitable poker but really good chatters.
But the Best of all was the PSO League & it's whopping HUGE PAYOUTS at the end of the month.
Can U imagine, a guy playing & hoping to score $.01-.05 or maybe $.25 getting a check at the end of the month for $20 or $50....Man, I thought I was RICH......
Anyway, that's the reason for the $10 prize pool..

2nd, Thank you Dave, TheLangolier, for your copius live trainings & videos.
3rd, Thank you John, JWK24, for putting up with my Krap
And, Thank you moxie pip for your countless amuseing posts

Let's Hope the Americans are back ASAP.
sleepy

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com