Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Sat Oct 12, 2013, 07:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
I would like to apply to the bankroll builder promotion, thank you

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 07:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ebHK View Post
I would like to apply to the bankroll builder promotion, thank you
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 03:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi $ebHK,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll builder hand review : when to fold - Sat Oct 12, 2013, 11:57 PM
(#4)

Above is one of my plays, I wonder if I should fold after the flop. I have AKQ but the odds for JT are low, should I go for the turn hoping for KK or just fold ?

Sebastien

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 01:17 AM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Poker Basics course passed - Sun Oct 13, 2013, 09:54 AM
(#6)
Hello,
Assignment 3 is completed, I have passed the Poker Basics course test.

Cheers,
Sebastien

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 08:22 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi $ebHK!

With K2s from the hijack, I get a limp and a min raise in front of me. With a trash hand like K2, I need to fold this to any bet, let alone a raise as it's nowhere near a strong enough hand to play. Just because I have an ace or suited cards does not mean the hand is playable.

If I saw the flop (which I absolutely would not), when I see that I have absolutely nothing, I need to fold to any bet. I have nothing, not even a draw, so I need to muck.

When playing poker, patience is a virtue and I need to fold all bad hands before I put a single chip into the pot. I need to save them for my better hands when I'm ahead, not when I'm behind.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 09:47 PM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand analysis - Mon Oct 14, 2013, 08:52 PM
(#9)
Hello,

For task 2) I list the following 3 reasons to make a big bet :
- to put a lot of pressure on opponents
- to gain value from very strong hands
- to protect against strong draws

For task 1) I would like to post the following hand :

Pretty straightforward, but I would like to get comments on my bets. Although I just followed the betting video it is quite challenging to take the right decision with the clock ticking. Could you recommend what bets I should have made ?

Cheers,

Sebastien

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 09:50 PM
(#10)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Answers to Poker Basics quiz - Mon Oct 14, 2013, 11:15 PM
(#11)
Where can I find the answers to the Poker Basics quiz ?

Old
Tue Oct 15, 2013, 01:26 AM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Where can I find the answers to the Poker Basics quiz ?

Hi $ebHK!

The answers to all of the questions are within the coursework, however, there is not a published answer list... so that nobody cheats on it. It's also why we don't know exactly which ones we got right or wrong.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 15, 2013, 01:41 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hello,

For task 2) I list the following 3 reasons to make a big bet :
- to put a lot of pressure on opponents
- to gain value from very strong hands
- to protect against strong draws

For task 1) I would like to post the following hand :

Pretty straightforward, but I would like to get comments on my bets. Although I just followed the betting video it is quite challenging to take the right decision with the clock ticking. Could you recommend what bets I should have made ?

Cheers,

Sebastien
Hi $ebHK!

Small pairs are tough to play postflop since most cards will be scarry overcards. Therefore, it is best to play them as a speculative hand where we try to see the flop cheaply and hope to flop a set.

Here with 44, limping behind preflop is fine. The flop is low cards but since there was no preflop raising, it is difficult to put anyone on much of a range. Any of your opponents could be holding a 2, 5 or overpair. I recommend checking the flop. You have some showdown value but your hand is not strong enough to be making big bets. More importantly, you bet 15c into a pot of 8 on the flop. Normally if we are going to bet, we want to bet about 50% of the pot on a dry board and about 70% on a wet board. Here since there was no preflop raising and the pot is small. Checking is a better line than betting on the flop. Overbetting the pot is not an optimal line! By betting so much you create a situation where you get value owned. This means that all the hands you are beating will fold gaining you less value than you could have. Whereas only the hands beating you will continue with the hand which means you will lose more than necessary. This is a central concept to cash tables where stacks are deep.

The 3 on the turn improves your chances of winning. It is low and gives you some outs to a straight. You overbet the pot on the flop, and now you bet only 10c into 37c. Ask yourself what you are hoping your bet will accomplish. Are you betting for value? Second best pair is not strong enough to do this after getting called on the flop. Are you betting as a semi-bluff hoping to get a fold? In this case you did not bet enough. Such a small bet gives any hand strong enough to call on the flop good odds to continue. In other words, your betsize does not achieve anything for you here. It only inflates the pot in a rather unclear situation. Always have a reason for betting and size your bet accordingly.

On the river you catch one of your 10 outs. The rule of 2 tells us you had a 20% chance of improving here. Now you have a straight, but do you have the best hand possible? Notice that the board paired on the flop. This makes a full house possible. You should always be a bit careful in these spots. You want to make sure you don't lose your stack with the second best hand. You can still lead out with a bet on the river, but I would suggest making a bet of between 50% and 70% of the pot. This is small enough that overpairs will still presumably call. Yet, it saves you money in case the villain comes over the top with a big raise. If he does raise you, there is a good chance that he has a full house.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Oct 15, 2013, 11:01 AM
(#14)
Please let us know when you have passed your cash quiz, so we may proceed to the next step!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Cash quiz passed - Wed Oct 16, 2013, 08:14 AM
(#15)
Hello, I have passed the cash quiz

Cheers,
Sebastien

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2013, 12:06 PM
(#16)
Hi $ebHK,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
thanks for the review - Fri Oct 18, 2013, 03:06 AM
(#17)
Thank you for the review, this is very helpful. Got to say that after some more experience I now realize how bad a play that was from me!

Old
Lost bonus - Sat Oct 26, 2013, 01:06 AM
(#18)
Hello, I have lost the 2nd bonus at the tables.
Here are the hands which lost the most money :

Any feedback appreciated. What is the next step ?

Sebastien

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 05:55 AM
(#19)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Unfortunately your Bankroll Builder application is under review.

If you have any questions about this please send a private message to PSO Admin.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com