Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

50nl Zoom Shot Challenge

Old
50nl Zoom Shot Challenge - Sat Oct 12, 2013, 03:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Hi PSO,

A little (more like a wall of text) about me and poker.

Im 26 years old, from México.

Its been a long time since I know Texas Hold'em rules and every now and then i would play with friends for fun, but it wasn't until i was invited to a weekly home game where the stakes were big enough that people would take the game more serious that poker really got my attention. I decided if i was going to play every week I better learn some kind of strategy.

So I went to YouTube and came across a poker show named "High Stakes Poker ". I was amazed by the amount of money they were playing but what really caught my attention is seeing some really young players. When they introduce some of this "Kids" they always said the were successful online players.

Since PS had play money games seemed like a good place to learn and practice, lol I was so wrong. Didn't took me long to realize i wasn't learning anything since nobody gives value to play money. I decide that needed to make my first deposit.

Went ahead and made a $37dll deposit and went to 10nl tables , bust my bankroll the second night of play. I wasn't naive to blame it on bad luck, clearly I was doing something wrong, and went on a google search and found PSO. This was around Feb 2012.

After reading alot and watching some videos on march 2012 made another 37dll deposit, but this time went to 2nl 6-max . From there I ended the year with a $1,000 bankroll after an unsucessfull shot at 50nl.

At the beginning of this year i gave 25nl zoom a try and run way too good the first 60k hands and made another shot at 50nl but this time at zoom, after 15k hands had to drop down to 25nl again. I thought it was going to be easy to grind again for a shot at 25nl but i went on a break-even stretch that has make me work a ton in my game, and i think i've improved a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------

So octobre has been my best month so far and im ready to take a shot at 50nl zoom again. On last shots i've made the mistake of over-adjusting and playing back by being too aggressive and also wasting a couple of more buy-ins that i planned. To avoid of that happening again this is the plan:

- 6 bi shot
- Play one table of 25nl and one of 50nl until im up 4 buy-ins at 50nl, if i fall from those 4 buy-ins go back to 1 and 1 table. I think this will help to keep my game from over adjusting.

Today i don't know if its my internet connection but PS was lagging, so i'll probably start the challenge later tonight or tomorrow.

I will update this thread a couple of times a week. Thanks for following and gl. Lets get it done!

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 03:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
GL hope you run good

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 03:49 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Best of luck with your challenge Carlos!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 09:03 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey GL GL Carlos!!

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 09:07 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
Playing with the big boys! gl mate.

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 09:16 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Carlos,

Just from seeing your involvement in the hand analysis forum, I can tell you have the skills to give 50NL a good crack. If you don't beat it immediately (due to runbad or whatever), you'll get there eventually. Good luck with this challenge!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 09:20 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Arty's comment was more like what I wanted to say, but couldn't find the words for Nicely put Arty

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 09:24 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2012
Best of Luck CaRLoS_DZ87!

I have read most of Your posts, including Your comments on many of the hands I have posted. I like Your style and you seem to be on the right track! Like you, I prefer Zoom. I have played a fair amount of 50NL both Zoom and regular tables. I have found the regular tables considerably easier to be profitable on and to learn on.

Regular speed gives me more time to think Things through and more importantly more time to build up solid notes on the villains. I spend a lot of time selecting tables because I want to be sure there is at least one Fish at the table. Then I go out of my way to get in hands against that person. Zoom on the other hand Plays a lot like 25NL, but I find 50NL considerably tougher to get max value from my big made hands vs most of the regs than at 25NL. Just some Food for thought

GL with Your goals!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 03:37 AM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2011
Carlos definitely has what it takes, he works hard and can absorb concepts very well.

Good luck!

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 09:52 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Hi all, Thanks all for your good comments and support.

Roland: I just like too much zoom at the moment, mainly because I hate spending time table selecting, I just like to sit and start playing.

Anyway, Sunday didn't went well felt like every big pot was a mayor decision and made a couple of bad calls, also got it in preflop AK vs AA on blind situations 2 times. However today went much better, play better as well, and im breaking even now.

Im gonna try to find some interesting hands to post.

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 10:06 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
No getting shy at 50nl

Welcome to value town

Click to show hidden text

Shoving 200bb for value

If I only knew...

Last edited by CaRLoS_DZ87; Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM..

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2013, 05:13 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi Carlos what range do you put villain 2 on when he 3 bets and bet folds that flops?

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 01:15 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Well he had high 3bet even vs EP, and he had cbet all 3bet pots so far, so probably AK AQ, KQ, TT AcX, and junk. To be honest I didn't like the play that much after review, at the moment I just thought he had wide 3bet range wide cbet range, and that flop hits my 3bet calling range a bit.. and i can never just call so I can probably take the pot right here with a raise.

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 11:10 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
So I am currently on a roller coaster, seems like a win one day, lose the next one. On the bright side I still have more than 4bi for the shot and I am starting to feel comfortable at 50nl.

Graph and results since beginning of the challenge.

Also I didn't mention when I will consider the challenge done. I think grinding 20bi at 50nl I would start feeling safe, so that would be the goal.

gl everybody .

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 10:12 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Unfortunately is not going to happen this time, I depleted my 6bi. Can't say I ran good, but also that I didn't made mistakes.

I am just going to grind it up again, keep improving and try again. , will post again here for next shot.

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 11:23 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Decided to start the grind right away, and had a hand I wanted to post with .gifs like I saw xflix do some days ago which was pretty great.

Hope you enjoy it!

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 10:01 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
lol that's fun

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com