Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

sunday million, utg limp raises pre flop! good/bad fold post flop?!

Old
Unhappy
sunday million, utg limp raises pre flop! good/bad fold post flop?! - Sun Oct 13, 2013, 07:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013

Blinds 200 400 ante 40. I raise utg3 with AQo and original utg limper repops to 4x. I call and flop is Qh10h4d. Villain bets 4000, I fold.

Villain unknown.

Really can't make my mind up about this fold. Nitty??? in hindsight think I probably should have shoved.

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 09:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
I would have probably raised pre-flop to somewhere around 1.4k. Without any reads/stas when he re-raises after limping it really narrows his range and I would probably just fold then. When he leads out on the flop for 4k, almost a full pot size bet, then I think it's an easy fold.

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 02:11 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
I think your minraise preflop was a bad move, since you are giving him great odds to call with all of his range.
I would raise to 1200-1600, but would probably fold if he'd reraised me.
As played I don't think it's a nitty fold, since his line is really weird and looks really strong.
But without a read on villain, there is a big possibility that he is a huge fish and that you folded the best hand.
As played I am probably folding flop also.

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 06:05 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
I don't mind your preflop raise size, but maybe 2.5x would be slightly better. I think his UTG limp re-raise is pretty honest, but folding for 2 big blinds is pretty iffy. Great fold on the flop, in my estimation as you assign him a range that is monster heavy. Even if you get bluffed or semi-bluffed sometimes, that's ok, if the majority of his range has you crushed.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com