Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | - Sun Oct 13, 2013, 10:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
BronzeStar
Hi

I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Thank You

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 01:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 09:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 15, 2013, 04:52 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar

I made a bet after the flop to gain information and I read him to have a thee of a kind with the queens so I did not raise again and he did not either so I guess he was bluffing for me to back with a hand better than his so I raised again seeing that I have a better hand then he does.
Did I play my hand correct ?

I have completed all 3 steps for the bank roll builder also

Old
Tue Oct 15, 2013, 12:32 PM
(#5)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Generally a limping range is perceived as a weak range of holdings, but it's possible for any of the villains to have Qx even if we are to take card removal into account as the flop texture has two of them.
This is a spot I'd be checking for pot control with the intentions of calling at least one street, there is not many worse hands that we can get value from as well call our flop bet beside may KT JT KJ with the occasional low pocket pair bluff catch.

On the river, the villains story really doesn't scream strength, given that they limped and min raised us on the flop,. Their line is indicative of a gun shy low pocket pair or high card combos that were trying to get thin value. All Ax below A9 we split the pot with and without specific reads about this villains tendencies I'd be keen to bet fold on this river if they raise us.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Tue Oct 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM..

Old
Tue Oct 15, 2013, 12:41 PM
(#6)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.

2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.

3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2013, 03:40 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar

I had some problems playing this hand, I raised because I had top pair and then kept on re-raising because i had 2 pair.
Please tell me what should I have done ?

Question below the video:

1.to put alot pressure on opponents
2.to bluff people off decent hands
3.to gain value from very strong hands

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2013, 05:24 AM
(#8)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Bet and raise sizing! A good rule of thumb when deciding to bet or raise, a 2/3 to 3/4 pot sized bet is a sufficient amount to extract value and a sizing of 2.5x to 3x the opponents bet when raising to price mediocre holdings in without generating to much fold equity. Even though the villain had in the area 40bb to start the hand, which the common notion would be to bet small so they will call.. we shouldn't feel shy to bet/raise the standard amount..we should be looking to set up the stack to pot ratio to get the villain all in on either the turn or river.. This particular kind of situation is a cooler (two pair vs. two pair) and in a limp pot versus the villains stack depth we should be willing to get their stack all in! There are so many hands that we can get value from! Kx or 2nd pair trying to bluff catch

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Thu Oct 17, 2013 at 05:27 AM..

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2013, 05:44 AM
(#9)
So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
[x] COMPLETE

2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
[x] COMPLETE

3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. >>click here<<
[ ] INCOMPLETE

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 03:07 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Everything is completed !

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 08:50 PM
(#11)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com