Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

PSOSL 10k players- Rare ACES

Old
PSOSL 10k players- Rare ACES - Mon Oct 14, 2013, 06:42 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013

After learning the best way to avoid being busted early in the PSOSL, i now managed to stay on the prize money rankings off 2000 players.

My own strategy is...
In 7500+ players, i play super super tight..choosing only the best hands i have..hands that would possible win the pot (also base on my instinct of course) in order to survive and reach the exact 2000 players remaining even having the most limited chips already..,Or simply just sit out often..,anyway ante still small like 20-100..
With this kind of technique, I have the chance of not losing any points even got busted and there might be 60% possibility of adding more chips in my stack by winning a good hand.
It could also be applied to 10000 players..

What do you think?

The hand replay posted is just one of my example

*****Tournament Place #4*****

Last edited by optimus8778; Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 11:12 AM..

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
**moved to Skill League**

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 12:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi optimus8778!

The key here is the flop. With 4 opps, I need to make a pot-sized bet of 600. I cannot bet less than this, or I could be giving the opp the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2013, 08:51 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi optimus8778!

The key here is the flop. With 4 opps, I need to make a pot-sized bet of 600. I cannot bet less than this, or I could be giving the opp the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

John (JWK24)

Thanks John. I've learned lot of advice and tips from you.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com