Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

25c 45man SNG final 2 tables

Old
25c 45man SNG final 2 tables - Wed Oct 16, 2013, 12:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
Hi

Did i play this hand perfectly/the correct way please?

Im feeling i did but i never have done so in the past so just making sure

Ive never attemtpted to include 2 hands but the second one is just to show how i bust with same hand

7 get paid and there were 5 on this table and 5 on the other with one guy a huge chipleader and most of us having around the same chips

Reads
VP:39 PFR:15 AF:1.1 W:42|64 STL:14|67 3B:6|0 CB:50|20 Hands:74

I had him down as loose fishy(passssive) but he and another guy continually getting lucky

I built back up somehow to get 7th just squeaking into the money but could have been so much better (hahaa bet everyone says that)

for the second hand his call was correct i think right please?(trying not to be resuts orientated)

Thank you

rolo ps oh and still not seen golden

Last edited by rolo834; Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 12:59 AM.. Reason: sorry keep putting JJ hand a sit frirst on list should be correct now i check

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2013, 09:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
Hand 1 looks as close to perfectly played as you can get. Just got unlucky on versus a hand that you would not expect to see in his range, meaning shoving turn looking to get calls from worse one pairs is best plan.

Hand 2 my initial thinking was that villain should probably fold 66 there, depends a little on how many places til money, his current position (ICM stuff). But moreso that 66 is not in great shape if we assume the limping chipleader is very likely to call.

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2013, 09:40 PM
(#3)
Hi Prof

new pic and i like it is it carol Vorderman?

Thanks for feedback

Worked out for second hand he needed 39.6% Equity

The bubble had just broken 7 got paid i got 7th

Only 11 hands onthe 2 star player who called allin with 66 as he had been on the other table

read

VP:18 PFR:18 AF: W:100|100 STL:0| 3B:33| CB: Hands:11

As there are 2 shorter stacks than me i maybe pushin bit tighter than normally ran some numebrs I thnk its a call for him but im not totally clear

rolo

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2013, 11:05 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi rolo,

I would probably c-bet a bit bigger on the flop since this guy is so loose/bad and sticky, if he's got a Q or T I'd expect him to call and give us the value (and, apparently that read is correct since he did in fact call with even worse). It's a very minor point though given how many chips he has left. Then put him all in on the turn, he's not folding a made hand or draw for anything apparently, so if he's got QT or some other freak 2 pair, good on him. I think we'll be busting him and sitting on a 40+ bb stack at the final table significantly more often than not here, which sets us up beautifully to compete for the top prize.

PS: Don't know what W:42|64 means, or CB:50|20 which I would assume CB stands for continuation bet but the villain doesn't have a c-bet opportunity here as he limped so it would be an irrelevant stat anyway.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2013, 07:33 PM
(#5)
Hi Dave

Thanks for pointing this out its not minor to me as the thought went thru my head to bet 2/3rds pot and then push so im thinking along similar line sto you which is obv great...and yeah I was playing +EV for big stack or so i thought jeeze at 25s...but in long run i get him and it is +EV

I am sorry W:42|64 means he went to showdown 42% and won at showdown 64% (he had been very lucky even in this hand)

If I had bene tryign to range him would you have even included 25s ?

Is the other guys call allin with 66 correct ?

We were ITM

Thanks a lot

rolo edit oh yes CB is c bet % and / fold c bet%...Idont have that many stats in my HUD so i try to include as many as possible anddo think that WTSD%:WTSD&W% can be useful

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2013, 07:39 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
Is the other guys call allin with 66 correct ?

If I'm the opp, I snap-call with 66. I only need 37.3% hand equity to call (that's my pot equity if I call).. and with as many flips are in their range, I crush 37%.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2013, 07:42 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
If I had bene tryign to range him would you have even included 25s ?
I'd range them at any pair, Qx, Tx, 2 x or a straight draw.... they most likely have a pair or hit a part of the board.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2013, 11:48 PM
(#8)
wow @snap call he certainly did that..and at first i thought should he have so now i know ty

As for the ranging part I meant preflop would you think 25s was in his range? (I wa s very surprised)

since this I been runnign oh so bad AQ just lost to KQ

I think in past all mybig hands were holding so was due some ba dluck(certainly getting it)...will turn around though i hoppe

cheers

rolo

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com