Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.50 HU SNG - too agressive?

Old
$1.50 HU SNG - too agressive? - Wed Oct 16, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011

Was this a too aggressive play? Villain was playing very aggressive, raising pre flop every hand, so couldn't tell if he was holding AA or 72. Decided to try and get maximum value if he was holding something like Ax or an over valued lower pair.

'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2013, 04:13 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Yes too aggressive imo.

Looks like the 1st level 10/20 your 90bb deep. A long way to go even if it's a turbo. Head's up I'm raising my button very wide not 72 but anything playable.

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2013, 09:44 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2013
I think that all-in shove was unnecessary preflop. I would play aggressively against players who raise every hand preflop but I'd do it post-flop because it's easier to make them fold then. Obviously it wouldn't have made a big difference in this case.

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2013, 09:45 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2011
As its early does look a tad aggro oppent has 58big blinds...I may opt to just call his 4bet or play it exactly the way you did

his 4 bet does lookstrong however you said hes aggro and you do have the 4th best possible hand

good question hope tolearn somehtign from this

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 11:27 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
I'm no HU expert, but I think my money is going in after I 3bet. Against TT+, AK, AQs we have 44% equity and with the dead money in the pot I'm going for it. Just don't take my word for it... I've posted to keep tabs on this thread

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 11:30 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Sorry, marked as evaluated by mistake. Keeping it open.

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 11:44 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2013
That depends purely on your reads on that player.
If you see them raising every hand but never 3betting, 4betting, in that case you should be folding to their 4bet, since they will have hands that dominate you most of the times.
But if they do 3bet, 4bet often, you should be shoving way more loose than JJ+ maybe 77+, so in that case no way I am not shoving JJ.
Overall I think going broke with JJ 600BBs deep is overaggressive and should be done rarely.

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 02:56 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2012
Easy shove for me

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com