Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Q7 Off Cracks AA...... REALLY????

Old
Q7 Off Cracks AA...... REALLY???? - Fri Oct 18, 2013, 10:06 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
SilverStar
4 way all in 3 aces in play and 2 queens and he hits a queen on the flop and the river....

I AM DONEEEE.... PS TRULY IS A JOKE.... Lmao

Unbelievable.

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 10:10 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
2+2 have a thread for Riggies if you want to take a trip over there and join in the fun?

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 10:12 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
It is just poker, happens everywhere, all the time. It will get better again, sadly we remember beats easier than wins.

Keep at it and better luck!

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#4)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
2+2 have a thread for Riggies if you want to take a trip over there and join in the fun?

I'll join in a little later. I gotta get off the computer, I have a really, really sick feeling in my gut.

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 10:16 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
lol.......what....are you new?

Dude......their is a member here.......I won't mention his name.......hiccup

I beat his AA's twice in the same game with 27o........really

Dude knowing anything can happen.....is the first step to stop tilting.......or in your case......taking your ball and going home.

Cheers

Old
Thumbs down
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 10:17 AM
(#6)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn_akka View Post
It is just poker, happens everywhere, all the time. It will get better again, sadly we remember beats easier than wins.

Keep at it and better luck!

I hear you and you are right. I will get over this for sure but it's so sick man like 4 times back to back to back to back. It's just as bad as buddy who got his aces cracked twice by the same guy in the same session.

It's so sick.

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 10:20 AM
(#7)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
lol.......what....are you new?

Dude......their is a member here.......I won't mention his name.......hiccup

I beat his AA's twice in the same game with 27o........really

Dude knowing anything can happen.....is the first step to stop tilting.......or in your case......taking your ball and going home.

Cheers

That's the thing though I'm not even tilting like I'm playing great hands but ****ing variance is kicking my ass man. 4 times back to back to back to back like it's unreal can a white boy get a break already lol? Thank god open skill league has multiple Tourny's a day. but still man these runs have been pretty bad (and again I understand it's poker and I'll get over it.)

I'm still not on tilt, I'm playing great but like these 4 events just happened and so the thought is still fresh in my head so I gotta vent so I don't tilt lol...

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommysgotAs View Post
That's the thing though I'm not even tilting like I'm playing great hands but ****ing variance is kicking my ass man. 4 times back to back to back to back like it's unreal can a white boy get a break already lol? Thank god open skill league has multiple Tourny's a day. but still man these runs have been pretty bad (and again I understand it's poker and I'll get over it.)

I'm still not on tilt, I'm playing great but like these 4 events just happened and so the thought is still fresh in my head so I gotta vent so I don't tilt lol...

Hear ya.......but still looks like a tilt thing........anyways good luck in the future.

I will most likely take some heat for saying this but.......

I think the game is very easy........it's the mental part of it that's hard.

Cheers

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 12:55 PM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2013

Im losing with AA and KK when i get to showdown if have 1 pair or if its an overpair and i can unsure you that ive never got to the river on obvious boards where im crushed there all dry or i was all in pre flop.

This might look like a lol sample but this was over 30k hands at 5NL and its not showing the aces and KK where i won without showdown but there all peanut pots anyway where it was folded to me or i 3bet and take it down on the flop.

To be honest atm im tired of seeing KK AA because i make a nice profit playing postflop and then my big pairs get owned, im also losing every flip where i nknow im ahead of a maniacs range and i get it in pre ahead and they always win, im not tilted just wish it would give over so i can move up to 10NL.

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 01:01 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Hear ya.......but still looks like a tilt thing........anyways good luck in the future.

Cheers
I wish that were true its easy to keep calm and not tilt but theres so much to poker to be a really good player that even if you dont tilt and can think before you do its still not enough, i was watching gareths vids on CR now i can understand what hes doing now im a better player and you can clearly see hes so many levels beyond most of us that he could play his c game and still win.

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 01:26 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2010
A massive run of bad luck means you are 100% GUARANTEED, MATHEMATICALLY CERTAIN, BET YOUR HOUSE ON IT to have a run of good luck.

I should write a poker theory book, this stuff is gold!

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 01:39 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
I wish that were true its easy to keep calm and not tilt but theres so much to poker to be a really good player that even if you dont tilt and can think before you do its still not enough, i was watching gareths vids on CR now i can understand what hes doing now im a better player and you can clearly see hes so many levels beyond most of us that he could play his c game and still win.

chess vs checkers......old people and peeps on the short bus play checkers

euchre vs bridge......once you learn bridge.....euchre is no more

I taught my wife to play poker over a bottle of wine........hiccup

Too learn how to play poker is easy........too master it......it's all in your head.

Please refer to effsea's poker rule #1

Cheers

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 06:29 PM
(#13)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post

Im losing with AA and KK when i get to showdown if have 1 pair or if its an overpair and i can unsure you that ive never got to the river on obvious boards where im crushed there all dry or i was all in pre flop.

This might look like a lol sample but this was over 30k hands at 5NL and its not showing the aces and KK where i won without showdown but there all peanut pots anyway where it was folded to me or i 3bet and take it down on the flop.

To be honest atm im tired of seeing KK AA because i make a nice profit playing postflop and then my big pairs get owned, im also losing every flip where i nknow im ahead of a maniacs range and i get it in pre ahead and they always win, im not tilted just wish it would give over so i can move up to 10NL.
I agree 100% on the second part of your comment. I've also been losing everytime lately to the flips especially when ahead. And for the most part I read my opponent correctly but then watch the board give them the edge and just sit there in awe. It's crazy and I know I'll be on the positive side again soon but just the last few days have been crazzzyy. Even people are hitting 1 outers on me like it was really common thing in poker which it really isn't. I've also been running into situations where I'd be behind but not by much and would need a few outs, but the out i would hit would be the one out that would improve my opponents hand even more so I mean it's been a lose lose on my end despite the fact that I have been playing great poker, been playing my strategy but the variance factor has been kicking my ass. :/

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#14)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Sharona View Post
A massive run of bad luck means you are 100% GUARANTEED, MATHEMATICALLY CERTAIN, BET YOUR HOUSE ON IT to have a run of good luck.

I should write a poker theory book, this stuff is gold!

LOL!!! I know you are right but I'm still here grinding away, patiently waiting for my run to turn from bad to good. Seems for a while it's been more bad than good but I'm still here patiently waiting!

Old
Red face
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 06:34 PM
(#15)
SilverStar
Quote:

Cheers

I agree 100% the game itself is not hard and it's easy to get by but the bad runs when playing it right is kind of out of your control and just a part of poker.

That's why I am on here just venting get it off my chest so I can go back to the poker tables with a clear mind so I don't go off my game cuz of the bad runs!

Old
My AA gets cracked by J10 off LOL - Fri Oct 18, 2013, 09:22 PM
(#16)
SilverStar
Just got my AA Cracked by J10 off on the river with the 9 hitting on the river

I <3 you Pokerstars

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com