Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

QQ on TBB big 8.8

Old
QQ on TBB big 8.8 - Fri Oct 18, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
It's just second hand on the table. and the worst scenario for QQ+ , MW pot+ OOP + terrible flop. after they called my iso raise , I thought that their calling range contains mostly weak PP's weak A' and suited connectors. There type of game is loose passive , so I decided that if they call my c bet OTF I c/f OTT. flop and turn are terrible for me . So what would be best line here.

Last edited by Shichi-77; Fri Oct 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM..

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 12:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
Check/folding turn looks good, since check/raising or bet/folding seem bad to me.
So yeah not much to do there but give up turn.
I might sometimes just check preflop with QQ there to disguise my hand, but I don't recommend it, especially that deep.

Last edited by GamblingProp; Fri Oct 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM..

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 01:54 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Shichi-77!

With QQ in the BB, I get three limpers in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 120.

I get a very coordinated flop and with 3 opps, when checked to me, I need to make a bet both for value and to protect my hand against draws. With 3 opps, I need to bet 3/4 pot (420), as post-flop bets need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. I cannot bet less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to draw. If I give them the correct odds to try to outdraw me and they do... it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

The turn now puts 4 to a straight. I have two choices here. I can either check/fold (which I will do the majority of the time) or if I have a read that the opp could fold to a third bet or call with less than my QQ, then I'll make one more bet here (a standard 1/2 pot bet) and if I'm called or re-raised, then I won't put another chip into the pot.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com