Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Big 8.8 - AJ OTB facing 6bb All In from EP

Old
Big 8.8 - AJ OTB facing 6bb All In from EP - Fri Oct 18, 2013, 12:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi PSO-ers,

What do you think of this spot? Easy call with 1.46:1 odds with 43% equity against {66+, AT+, KQ}, or do we have to be worried about the blinds? Shove ourselves or call and fold to a shove?

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 12:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
I don't believe it's an easy call without knowing if it's after the bubble or not, since usually players get way more loose after the bubble has burst.
As for the call or shove dilemma it's usually better to just shove than call, since we are probably never folding to a reshove from any of the blinds.
And we sometimes make better hands to fold like medium pairs, or maybe AQo if blinds are supertight.
Overall I think AJs is a shove but AJo is close and villain has to be shoving somehow loose to make it profitable.

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 01:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
easy call his hand range is too wide 109s even 78s. and you don't have to worried about blinds,you shove Aj first in from TBN don't you ?

Last edited by Shichi-77; Fri Oct 18, 2013 at 02:02 PM..

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 03:58 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
Shove. The only time I really want to be calling a shove and folding to reshove is when I have far more chips behind after call (you only have ~11bb to start) and think villains would not punish me for playing AQ/99 type hands face up. Do not want to be putting in half my stack here with the idea of folding, we have to call if the bb shoves anyhoo.
+ unless bubble looms or villain is nitty expect them to shove a wider range than you cite.

Last edited by Profess Awe; Fri Oct 18, 2013 at 07:08 PM..

Old
Fri Oct 18, 2013, 04:00 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess Awe View Post
Shove. The only time I really want to be calling a shove and folding is when I have far more chips behind after call (you only have ~11bb to start) and think villains would not punish me for playing AQ/99 type hands face up. Do not want to be putting in half my stack here with the idea of folding, we have to call if the bb shoves anyhoo.
+ unless bubble looms or villain is nitty expect them to shove a wider range than you cite.
Calling isn't option you are right, even with QQ+, just writing mistake

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 03:56 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Geo!

From the button, we get a shove from MP with 5BB. I'm within the call range for the shove, as I want to call with about 23% of hands and AJo is within this (A2s+, A7o+ is the range for having an ace). However, I really don't want to be in a multi-way pot as AJo plays well against the short-stack shover's range, but plays nowhere near as well in a multi-way pot.

Due to this, I'm reshoving to isolate the shove from MP, as I do NOT want to call here and invite the blinds into a multi-way pot with the right odds nor induce a re-shove from them.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

john (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 12:07 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
Good thanks! Just needed some confirmation that AJ would be good here to shove.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com