Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Images from dropbox and twitpic

Old
Images from dropbox and twitpic - Sat Oct 19, 2013, 10:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
Am I doing something wrong not being able to upload images I have uploaded on dropbox or tweeted as images in forum posts or blogs? Any ideas how I can get around my inability?

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 10:25 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
Try using the Manage Attachments option rather, upload your image and then attach it.

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataraj1 View Post
Try using the Manage Attachments option rather, upload your image and then attach it.
Trying to get images to appear as images, sorry I was not clear.

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 01:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Darren,

To include images in forum threads or on PSO blogs, you need the direct link to the .jpg or .png file. On the sites you mentioned, that probably involves right-clicking the image, opening it in a new browser window (or using "View Image" in Firefox) and then copy/pasting the URL from your address bar.

Hope this helps!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 01:16 PM
(#5)
Testing

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#6)
Test passed with flying colours. (Almost literally)

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 01:24 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2012
Ooooo, the runbad raptor.

Me no like him.

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 01:40 PM
(#8)
Runbad raptor was a twitpic:
https://twitter.com/Dr_Darren/status...617088/photo/1
If you then rightclick on image and properties it will give you image URL, that is the link that works.

Thanks to Arty for the solve.

Dropbox I have no joy as when right click on eg https://www.dropbox.com/s/44zq3kgev0...078_ZOE003.jpg I only have dropbox options no IE

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess Awe View Post
Testing

oh ... bwahahah!!

Glad Arty was able to help you figure out how to post that - worth the effort

Hope you start running better Profess!!

PS Actually, here's hoping we all start running better!!

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 02:23 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess Awe View Post
Dropbox I have no joy
Yeah, that site uses various bits of HTML to prevent hot-linking, presumably because the site was designed for the sharing and downloading of files, not image-hosting. Sites like Photbucket and Imageshack are better options for that, as image-hosting is their main purpose.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com