Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$3.30 MTT, 125/250/25 - Is my squeeze correct?

Old
$3.30 MTT, 125/250/25 - Is my squeeze correct? - Sat Oct 19, 2013, 10:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...656_154AC17C06

I faced a min raise from a guny who had minraised the last 5 hands, and a call from a bit of a station.

I feel like my hand could best but want to take it down preflop ideally. I opt to raise, but do I raise too big? Should I be raising at all?

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Rob!

With AJs on the button, I get a min-raise and a call here. Being in position, I've got options and squeezing is definitely one of them. My standard 3-bet sizing is to between 3X the previous bet (1500) and a pot-sized raise (2100), so I'll raise to 2100. I want the sizing of it to bet the exact same as if I had AA here.

I see a HU flop where I flop top 2 pair. Normally, if the opp was deeper stacked, my standard flop bet would be 1/2 pot (2675) when checked to me. However, this definitely pot-commits the opp, so I'm just going to put them all-in now and bet 4085. If I did bet 2675, then I absolutely must call a shove and I do not want to ever bet less than 2675 here or I could be giving the opp the right odds to try to outdraw me if they have a flush draw.

It was unlucky that the opp hit their 3-outer, but that's not the point.. the point is that the hand was played well and the correct decisions were made.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 06:30 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
Wow, this is the first one I posted where I got the play correct!
Obviously on the flop, my bet was never with the intention of folding if the guy goes all in.

Thanks mate!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com