Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Opinons please

Old
Opinons please - Sat Oct 19, 2013, 04:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Hey all

Just after a little feedback after this hand i played with bust me out of a tournament....

Cards dealt ..... Q A suited

3x Raise pre flop

So flop comes down 6 Q 4

Top pair middle position raise x3 once more and get 3 callers

Last to call raises all in

so i think i got a good hand to make a set and also a top kicker too to make a top 2 pair

So i think maybe could run into aces or kings i would be in trouble

Im short stacked so i move all in too

He shows 10 A off suit....so cool im in a good position if he hits his ace he gets top pair i get top 2 pair, seems a fair call

So turn and river get dealt

6 Q 4 10 10

Really!!! Why would he move in with A 10 off if he didn't know what was coming, thoughts please or just a super bad suck out or used his one time up

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 04:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Marca00!

What are the stack sizes? Where are we at in the tourney (blinds, are we ITM?)??

This information is necessary to determine what the best play is.... however, I do NOT like calling shoves with AQ.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 04:28 PM
(#3)
Hi thank you for the reply

We were just coming out the early phase i would say, i had around 30BB and the opponent that took me down had around 37BB so fair even stacks really

Not quite near ITM

Not quite short stacked as in the tournament but the table was 40+ stacked

Last edited by Marca00; Sat Oct 19, 2013 at 04:31 PM..

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 04:33 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
At 37BB, with a raise to 3BB and 3 callers, a standard 3-bet for this opp would be a pot-sized raise, which is to 13BB. This bet makes them pot-committed (over 1/3 of their stack)... so they have to shove if they want to play the hand.

Calling a shove with AQ and 30BB... I'm NOT even close to short-stacked (this is at under 10BB), so it's an easy fold for me with AQ. With this many opps in the pot, I'm only calling with AA, KK, and maybe QQ or AK.. but I'm most likely even mucking AK.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2013, 04:39 PM
(#5)
Thank you very much for the advice that is alot of help

Marca00

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com