Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

want bank roll builder

Old
want bank roll builder - Sat Oct 19, 2013, 11:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
I wish to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 12:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 09:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello wcdz,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 04:58 PM
(#4)

bluffed with nothing but in good position, wasn't sure if this was a good move.
all 3 steps completed

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 08:17 AM
(#5)
Hi wcdz,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 05:33 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdz View Post

bluffed with nothing but in good position, wasn't sure if this was a good move.
all 3 steps completed
Hi wcdz!

Firstly, try to stick to tables that have a full nine players. This is especially important when you move to real money 2NL. Having a full table will allow you to be more patient and wait for better starting hands. From the Holdem Lobby, you can adjust the Settings to only show tables with 8 players. That way, when you sit down the table will be full.

Here you have a very weak hand. If you ask yourself "what am I hoping to flop?" you will see that there are very few good flops for you. We want to open with hands that can flop well such as top pair strong kicker, strong draws or a set for example.Folding preflop would be best here.

Also note, any time you are the first to enter the pot preflop, always do so with a raise - no matter what your cards! This is important to gain value with your strong hands. It is equally important with weaker hands and pure bluffs. For a bluff to be successful, your opponents have to fold. Betting/raising is the only way to achieve that. Here for example if you had opened by raising to 6, both opponents may have folded. By just limping in, you encourage the small blind to join the hand which in turn means you will now have two opponents that you need to bluff into folding. Raising preflop will hopefully get at least one of the blinds to fold. Also, raising looks strong. Thus, on the flop you can follow through with a continuation bet and represnt that your hand is still strong.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 06:55 AM
(#7)
Hi wcdz,

Now just let me know when you have passed the Poker Basics quiz and I can award you with your first bonus and we can move onto the next step!

flophitter

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 12:00 PM
(#8)
i have passed the quiz

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 12:14 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi wcdz!

This promotion is only for FULL RING 2NL cash games. Members involved in this promotion cannot play ANY other type of format (tourney, sng, other type of cash table) during this promotion.

If you play even one more cash sng's before you are done with this promotion, you are INELIGIBLE for all future bonuses.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 06:06 PM
(#10)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 09:46 PM
(#11)
1)
I sat down with full table but 2 players left after I posted big blind.
Did I raise too much by raising 90? Also, I got excited and didn't go for the 34 cents.
I have a question regarding bet size, in the guide it tells me to raise 4BB and +1 for each additional caller, when I have a monster starting hand, but some pros are saying 3BB, what is the difference between 3bb and 4bb, and should I change between 3bb and 4bb depending on the situation? I also noticed that, while reading tips here that good players stress on gaining max value while taking as little risk as possible, does this mean they will fold strong hands like QQ first hand in a tournament in situations like raise re-raise re-raise etc.

2)
I would want make a big bet if I want to bluff people off of their hands, to pressure my opponent, as well as to win big with my strong hands.

3)passed the Cash Game quiz.

Last edited by wcdz; Tue Oct 22, 2013 at 09:49 PM..

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 05:26 AM
(#12)
Hi wcdz,

That's great, we'll have the hand analysed soon. Then I can award your 2nd bonus and we can move to Step 3.

flophitter

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi wcdz,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post

Good raise preflop. On the flop, I would bet bigger something like 2/3 to 3/4 the pot because there are a few draws out there that we are vulnerable to and we can also get called by worse Kx hands. When we are raised, we have to reassess our hand strength. We are beat against K9, 99, 22 but villain can also be raising their flush draws. Against hands like: { 99, 22, AdQd, AdJd, AdTd, Ad8d, Ad7d, Ad6d, Ad5d, Ad4d, Ad3d, Ad2d, K9s, QdJd, QdTd, JdTd, 8d7d } our hand is actually an underdog with 40% equity. But given the dead money in the pot, shoving over their raise means we need to win 33% of the time and since we have 40% equity against their range which I think they could continue with then it might be a +EV play to move all in for the rest of our chips. I don't like raising to 0.9 too much because we might be losing value if they call and see a turn that could improve them or shut them down to later bets. We could also call I think, but the problem with calling is that we give the opponent behind us good odds to call and we would be giving free cards to two opponents. I personally would just go all in here and expect to win 40% of the time.

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 02:57 PM
(#14)
Hello wcdz,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 06:48 PM
(#15)

lost big with triple kings

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 09:03 AM
(#16)
Hi wcdz,

Sorry to hear that, we'll have the hand looked at soon and then I can replenish your bankroll with a further bonus.

flophitter

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 05:35 PM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdz View Post

lost big with triple kings
Hi wcdz!

Preflop, any time you are the first to enter the pot, do so with a raise - regardless your cards! With big pairs in particular, you should raise (standard 3bb raise). This gains you value for your strong hand. Moreover, it protects your hand. Big pairs play best against a single opponent since it decreases the chances of someone making a straight, flush or set that can beat your big pair. By limping in preflop you invite everyone to come along really cheap.

On the flop, you make your set. Again, you want to bet for value. You now have a strong hand and the only way to build the pot is by betting or raising. You missed a new opportunity on the turn while you still held the absolute nuts. Only on the river when a potentail straight is beating you did you finally bet.

By not betting the earlier streets you allowed the villain to outdraw you for free which ended up costing you a stack. Equally important is to note that if you were ahead on the river, you were very unlikely to win any money from the villain. You would have won a very small pot with a very strong hand.

As a general rule, bet/raise your strong hands every chance you get. This is the best way to earn profit at 2NL. Getting fancy is not necessary at 2NL and it usually costs us value.

This is a great hand to learn from. So remember, bet your stong hands early and often. Your lack of aggression is what lead to losing this hand unfortunately.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 11:08 AM
(#18)
thanks for the advice, I sure will learn from this mistake.

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 02:08 PM
(#19)
Hi wcdz,

Good news, your third Bankroll Builder bonus has been processed and it will be in your account shortly!

Now to earn your fourth and final bonus, keep applying the principles you have learned at the same tables as before until you have earned a further 10 VPPs, counting from when you receive this latest bonus.

If you lose your bankroll, please post the losing hand(s) for analysis. As ever, if you have any questions we are here for you.

flophitter

Old
Mon Oct 28, 2013, 05:01 AM
(#20)
Congratulations wcdz!

As you've earned enough VPPs we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com