Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Oct 20, 2013, 03:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotions.

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 07:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amchyzl View Post
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotions.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 09:31 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello amchyzl,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Bankroll Builder amchyzl - Sun Oct 20, 2013, 03:52 PM
(#4)

Folding the turn

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 08:16 AM
(#5)
Hi amchyzl,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 12:04 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi amchyzl! I'll analyse the hand in post #4.

First of all, it looks like you posted your big blind out of turn. Don't do this when you get on the real money tables. Since you'll be dealt an unplayable hand more than 80% of the time, you'll be throwing away 2c four times out of five. This money will add up over time and drain your bankroll. When you first join a table, click the "Wait until big blind before posting" option. There are several useful settings in the software for things like this, and I've listed them in my blog.
83s is the kind of trash you should always fold pre-flop unless you get to see a free flop in the big blind. Here you can check, but if there's a raise, then folding would be best. A couple of players limp, so you're 5-handed on the flop, which comes a monotone Q95. With no pair and no draw, you should plan to fold to any action. No one takes a stab at the pot, but this doesn't necessarily mean they missed. They could be slowplaying a flopped flush, or be taking a cautious line with top pair. You see a free turn card, and the 6 gives you a little bit of hope, as you picked up a gutshot straight draw, so a 7 would make a straight for you. Nevertheless, I don't like betting here. Your gutshot is a 10:1 shot, and even if it comes, it will be hard to get paid, since the board will to contain 4 cards to a straight, making it obvious what you have if you bet the river. I would just check-fold the turn unless someone minbets. That's actually what you did, and this is kind of pointless. Betting 2 chips into a pot of 10 isn't going to put pressure on your opponents. Indeed, it gives them a bargain price if they have any pair or draw. Since your semi-bluff is never going to work at this sizing, I wouldn't even bother, as you're just putting money into a pot you have little chance of winning. You get one caller, and then there was a large raise by villain_5. When the action comes back to you, your fold is correct. You don't have the right odds to chase your gutshot, so made the right laydown. The villain had turned a straight with 87, so you actually only had 3 outs to a chopped pot. With weak hands and weak draws, avoid putting money in the pot needlessly. Minimise your losses by folding weak hands at the earliest opportunity, because money saved is as good as money won.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 02:11 PM
(#7)
Thank you for analysing my hand, i have learned a lot from your short post, and i really appreciate it. I just want to let you know that i've finished the quiz and passed it, and i am interested what is the next step for getting that bonus of 8$. Thanks in advance

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#8)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
bad luck or bad played ? - Tue Oct 22, 2013, 04:48 AM
(#9)

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 06:56 AM
(#10)
Hi amchyzl,

We'll have this hand analysed soon.

flophitter

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 01:28 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi amchyzl! I'll analyse the hand in post #9.

I'm not keen on the way you played this hand, and it begins pre-flop. You have Q9o, which is a weak hand that I would fold pre-flop in almost every situation, since it's not a profitable hand. I might occasionally use it to try and steal the blinds when I'm on the button, but most of the times it's a fold. The worst choice is to just call the big blind, as this doesn't give you an immediate chance to win the hand. Limping in like this is very weak, and good players will prey on your weakness by raising it up. That's what happens here. You might have wanted to see a flop for 2c, but the player to your left makes it 6c, and then there's a 3-bet to 10c. Folding would be the right move here. Two players are indicating strength, and you have a marginal hand that seldom makes the nuts. Calling is particularly bad because you are out of position, having to act before the players that raised. It's hard to make money when OOP, and you'll have to check-fold most flops.
As played, you call and see a 3-way flop of Q73; a monotone in clubs. You made top pair, so you might be good, but I would be concerned the pre-flop 3-bettor has you crushed with QQ+/AQ. He could also have the nut flush with AKs or the nut flush draw with AKo. Since you just called pre-flop, you should stay in the flow and check to the raiser on the flop. The problem with leading out with a donkbet is that worse hands than yours will usually fold. You don't get value by folding out worse hands. To get value when OOP, you should check-call, as the pre-flop aggressor will bet whether he hit the flop or not. As played, the button raises your small bet. He nearly always has you beat here, or has a big draw. Clicking it back with another raise is really bad. When making bets and raises, you should ask yourself "Can I get called by worse?" (meaning it's a value bet), or "Will better hands fold?" (making it a bluff). I don't think you're ever making a better hand fold here, and you won't often get called by worse either, so it's a pointless raise. The only worse hands that will call are draws, but if the villain is drawing, you're giving him the right price to do so. Don't make minraises. If you're confident you have the best hand, then raise to about three times the size of the current bet. In this particular spot, I think raising is bad, because I think you're usually behind, so are just bloating a pot that you're going to lose. Villain calls and you put him all in on the turn. The problem here is that you can't price him out of drawing to a flush. His stack is so small that he's always calling. The river is brutal, as you have no clubs in your hand, but villain had the , so drags the pot.
The villain made a strange decision on the flop to raise with his underpair, and he committed to getting all in, so you actually had the best hand until the river, but in similar spots, your Q9 will hardly ever be good in this spot. Don't overplay top pair average kicker. One pair is not a hand that you should play for stacks with. If a villain raises you and you just have a pair, you're nearly always behind. Since Q9 can't make top pair top kicker, and doesn't make monster hands like flushes and straights very often, you'd be far better off if you just didn't play it in the first place. Stick with strong starting hands like big aces and kings and pocket pairs, as these will win more often.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 01:32 PM
(#12)
Hope you find the analysis helpful. Now just let me know when you have completed these remaining tasks:

2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com