Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

need hand analyze

Old
need hand analyze - Sun Oct 20, 2013, 05:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Hello,

Today i played a play money sit n go and ended 5th, i'm not sure that i made the best decision on my last hand.
here are the details :

my hand KdQh Flop 8d8h7d turn,river Qc 6h

it finished headup, i raised several time and then put all in when i was pot committed

i first thought that pair of 8 + kicker king was pretty good, then pair of 8 + pair of queen with kicker king

i lost to 8s5d

was it a good decision ?

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 05:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi syldsp,

Were you the preflop raiser? Did villain 3bet you on the preflop? etc.
If villain was the preflop raiser and made a cbet on the flop then I would give up - you have 6 outs at best, but I'm a cash gamer where my stack doesn't fall below 100bb.

The flop is quite connected. Any 8x has made trips. 77 has made a full house. 56, T9 have OESD. 54, JT have gutshots which villains might chase. Also villains might have overpairs such as 99, TT, JJ, possibly even QQ, KK & AA if they 3bet preflop and you called where with KQ you would be dominated.

If you detail the full situation, e.g. Any reads in opponent or not, position, who raised, who called, etc, then I think people will be able to give their honest opinion.

If there is one important thing that I have learned on PSO about asking questions, it is to include as much detail as possible when asking questions as it depends on the whole situation - as any move could be good depending on the situation.

Cheers,

Pullin

Last edited by pullin1988; Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 05:59 AM..

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 06:07 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Can you give us more information on how each street was played?
Did you raised, called or checked preflop, flop, turn, river?

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 09:36 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Syldsp!

What were the stacks? What were the blinds? How were the others playing? What were the betting sequences for each street?

This information is mandatory for looking at just about any spot, because it determines what is best for the situation.

Please provide it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com