Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Default
Bankroll Builder - Sun Oct 20, 2013, 06:09 AM
(#1)
kang24's Avatar
Since: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
BronzeStar
Hi everyone, I would like participate in this cool promotion. I'm already a PSO member and been playing the premier skill leagues lately. Plus,I never made any deposit yet for some reasons. Thanks and Good day ^^
 
Old
Default
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 07:09 AM
(#2)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kang24 View Post
Hi everyone, I would like participate in this cool promotion. I'm already a PSO member and been playing the premier skill leagues lately. Plus,I never made any deposit yet for some reasons. Thanks and Good day ^^
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 06:20 AM
(#3)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.



After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.



Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Bankroll Builder - Tue Oct 22, 2013, 10:45 AM
(#4)
kang24's Avatar
Since: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
BronzeStar


Is this a winning decision?
Did I play the pocket J's correctly or did i miss something?

HELP
 
Old
Default
Bankroll Builder - Tue Oct 22, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#5)
kang24's Avatar
Since: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
BronzeStar
Poker Basic Course -DONE
 
Old
Default
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 05:19 PM
(#6)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 03:35 AM
(#7)
Roland GTX's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by kang24 View Post


Is this a winning decision?
Did I play the pocket J's correctly or did i miss something?

HELP
Hi kang24!

Before we look at your hand, I see you are playing 6-max rather than Full Ring. Please play only 9 man Full Ring for the duration of the Bankroll Builder promotion. Playing other formats will make you ineligible for any remaining buyins! Full Ring is the best place to learn the fundamentals.

JJ is always tricky! In this spot, a read on the raiser would help tremendously. What type of range will he raise with? What range will he call a 3bet with? Is he passive or aggressive post flop?

Without a read I would simply call behind and reevaluate on the flop. JJ is tough to play postflop because there are many overcards that can come on the flop. 3-betting may be profitable against some opponents, but if I were to 3 bet I would make it a standard 3x the original raise, about 825chips. This is problematic though because you are investing a significant amount of your stack and may have to fold on a later street.

Raising all in as you did is problematic too since it will typically get you value owned. By raising so much, you create a situation where most of the hands you are beating will fold which means you win less than you could have. Whereas only the hands beating you will continue which means you lose more than necessary. This is very important once you get to real money tables. Most players would only call your shove with QQ, KK, AA and perhaps AK.

Since shoving is too large a raise, and a standard 3bet is for too much of your stack, we again can see that calling the raise is your best option. It gives you options postflop and keeps the villain's range wide. Here you were unlucky wth the villain flopping a set, but the hand could have been played differently saving you some chips.

In general try to win most of your big pots postflop with strong hands such as a set or better rather than getting all in preflop.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX
 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 06:23 AM
(#8)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kang24 View Post
Poker Basic Course -DONE
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.



List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 11:03 AM
(#9)
kang24's Avatar
Since: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland GTX View Post
Hi kang24!

Before we look at your hand, I see you are playing 6-max rather than Full Ring. Please play only 9 man Full Ring for the duration of the Bankroll Builder promotion. Playing other formats will make you ineligible for any remaining buyins! Full Ring is the best place to learn the fundamentals.

JJ is always tricky! In this spot, a read on the raiser would help tremendously. What type of range will he raise with? What range will he call a 3bet with? Is he passive or aggressive post flop?

Without a read I would simply call behind and reevaluate on the flop. JJ is tough to play postflop because there are many overcards that can come on the flop. 3-betting may be profitable against some opponents, but if I were to 3 bet I would make it a standard 3x the original raise, about 825chips. This is problematic though because you are investing a significant amount of your stack and may have to fold on a later street.

Raising all in as you did is problematic too since it will typically get you value owned. By raising so much, you create a situation where most of the hands you are beating will fold which means you win less than you could have. Whereas only the hands beating you will continue which means you lose more than necessary. This is very important once you get to real money tables. Most players would only call your shove with QQ, KK, AA and perhaps AK.

Since shoving is too large a raise, and a standard 3bet is for too much of your stack, we again can see that calling the raise is your best option. It gives you options postflop and keeps the villain's range wide. Here you were unlucky wth the villain flopping a set, but the hand could have been played differently saving you some chips.

In general try to win most of your big pots postflop with strong hands such as a set or better rather than getting all in preflop.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX
Hi sir Roland GTX,

Good Day, thank you for this. Shortly, I will post another hand but now it'll be 9 handed.
I must say you did a good job there sir roland GTX.

Kang24
 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 04:36 PM
(#10)
kang24's Avatar
Since: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
BronzeStar


What happens next. Pretty bad had gone over with this situation.
Try to steal the pot with a pot sized bet on the flop from a miss and it turns out to be a worst scenario. Unbelievable... totally broke now.

for this.. God Bless us ^^
 
Old
Default
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 07:43 AM
(#11)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 05:20 PM
(#12)
Roland GTX's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by kang24 View Post


What happens next. Pretty bad had gone over with this situation.
Try to steal the pot with a pot sized bet on the flop from a miss and it turns out to be a worst scenario. Unbelievable... totally broke now.

for this.. God Bless us ^^
Hi kang24!

Interesting hand with plenty to learn from! Preflop you are in the best position on the button AND you have a decent starting hand. What are you hoping to achieve by raising 6bb? A standard raise would be 3bb. Big raises/bets tend to get us value owned. By raising so much, the hands you are beating will typically fold. This means you win less all the times you are ahead. Whereas only the hands beating you tend to stay in the hand which means you lose more than necessary when you are behind. Surprizingly enough your raise gets called by the sb and then the bb makes a mini 3bet. In a multiway pot that has been raised, this is normally a sign of a strong hand (QQ, KK, AA and AK) unless you have a good read on the villain indicating otherwize. This is a tough spot. You are getting great odds to call and have position. However, most of his range is beating you. Moreover, the sb is yet to act after you. Calling and getting raised by the sb would be very bad. Folding would probably best here, but calling is understandable. If your cards were suited, I would be happier calling. The main problem stems from your overly large initial raise.

On the flop it checks to you. Again, you bet too large. I would bet 50% the pot on this board since it is unlikely to have helped the villain. Betting more creates a new situation where your betsizing gets you value owned. Since most of the villain's range consists of pocket pairs, I actually think checking behind would be better than betting. If you get raised again, you will have to fold. Right now you do not have a made hand so we should keep the pot small. Raising is only good if you think you have a good chance of getting the villain to fold.

You get top pair on the turn. If the villain has KK, AA or AK, he is still ahead of us. Betting potsized creates the third value owning situation. Note, the villain 3bet your large raise preflop. Called your large bet on the flop. It is unlikely that he will fold to a new bet. I would prefer checking the turn now that you have some showdown value with top pair. This is not a good spot to risk your entire stack on a single pair especially with an uncertain kicker.

Keep an eye on your betsizing. Remember the addage "Big pots with big hands, and small pots with small hands". In general you want to have a set or better before investing your whole stack. One pair hands we need to be more careful with.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX
 
Old
Default
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 04:15 AM
(#13)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Hey there,

Let us know as soon as you've passed the Cash Game quiz so we can get your next bonus to you

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 04:15 PM
(#14)
kang24's Avatar
Since: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
BronzeStar
Hi,

I passed the Cash Game quiz.

take two
 
Old
Default
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 06:08 AM
(#15)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kang24 View Post
Hi,

I passed the Cash Game quiz.

take two
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables



There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 07:33 AM
(#16)
kang24's Avatar
Since: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
BronzeStar
Hi there Raiser,

Thanks sir, just got logged in and received the 2nd bonus.
One Question: What if I already had the required VPPs BEFORE receiving the 2nd bonus am I still be able to get it automatically?

I'll keep in touch 'til the next problem and may the force be with you all.

Kang24
 
Old
Default
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 05:41 PM
(#17)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kang24 View Post
Hi there Raiser,

Thanks sir, just got logged in and received the 2nd bonus.
One Question: What if I already had the required VPPs BEFORE receiving the 2nd bonus am I still be able to get it automatically?

I'll keep in touch 'til the next problem and may the force be with you all.

Kang24
Hey there,

No, you must earn 10 new VPP AFTER you get your 2nd bonus

Cheers,
Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 04:33 AM
(#18)
kang24's Avatar
Since: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
BronzeStar
Hi Raiser,

I achieved the 10 new VPP.

Cheers,

Kang24
 
Old
Default
Mon Oct 28, 2013, 09:19 AM
(#19)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kang24 View Post
Hi Raiser,

I achieved the 10 new VPP.

Cheers,

Kang24
Hello,

'Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus'

Remember it's 10 VPPs earned AFTER you got your last buy-in, not 10 VPPs total (any VPPS earned before you got your last buy-in do not count)

If you have earned 10 VPPs AFTER you got your 2nd bonus then your 3rd bonus should be credited to you automatically within 24 hours.

Let me know when you get it and I'll advise on the next step.

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 01:34 AM
(#20)
kang24's Avatar
Since: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
BronzeStar
Hello,

Good day!
I just got an e-mail that the 3rd bonus was already credited into my account.

Kang24
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com