Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Could I have played this different? (Live poker hand)

Old
Could I have played this different? (Live poker hand) - Sun Oct 20, 2013, 02:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
This was my exit hand from the IPO yesterday.

I had 2 loose aggressive's either side of me. The guy on my right had a very high steal rate, previous hands seen were A2o, JTo. Guy to my right was involved in a load of pots, loved to float and had shown 76o as an early position raise. Player to my left was a bad LAG but player to my right was a top shark and a really good player.

I think this is critical to my line of thinking although maybe doesn't seem so much to the hand in question.

My image was very rock like but I was highly restricted by these 2 players so I didn't get involved with them much. I had shoved all in the hand before last to a 4 limpers pot when on the button with AKs. I didn't show but I think this might have influenced villains decision.

Blinds 500/1,000 Ante 100. I had 27,000 chips (27BBs) I was in CO+1. LAG1 in CO+2 raised to 3,000 and I had 77. I know I am crushing LAG1's range but I'm never flat calling here and my only raise I could put out is around 7,500 but I don't think LAG1 is ever folding to a 3 bet which he proved several times earlier in the game.

My only other option was to shove and I done so but I was instant re-shoved my LAG2. He threw over AKo and flopped his A and it was game over. When he re-shoved I was sure he had AA or KK but quite glad when I knew I was ahead.

Is 77 strong enough to shove in this spot? Or could I have played it any different?

I know this is a standard flip that you have to win in tourneys but I'm just a little unsure of my position in this hand.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 02:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
To add, both players had me covered but it's a good proportion of their stacks so it's not as if either could have taken a risk imo.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 05:36 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hey Oval!

I like the play. If I call, there are too many cards that they can see that crush me. If I raise, I'm pot-committed, so I either need to shove or fold and the looser the opps are, the more likely I am to shove.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com