Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Showdown thoughts

Old
Showdown thoughts - Mon Oct 21, 2013, 06:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hi ,

What do you think of during the showdown ? Do you think of something specific , do you think I'm gonna win this or lose this , or do you even think about poker at all ?

thank you

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 07:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
There's not a lot of time to think about anything when a hand gets shown down, as the cards are only on their backs for a second or two. Sometimes I'm very keen to see if my read was correct, and I'll be preparing to write a note if the result is unexpected, but mostly I'm just seeing if I won or lost, and then I'm moving on to the next hand.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 07:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
First thing that pops into my mind is "did I make the right decision".
The rest is up to the cards (which I get to see).

Busting out sucks, but knowing I made the right decision makes it a little easier to look forward to the next tournament instead of thinking "what could have been, bad beat or lucky/unlucky etc".

Last edited by slettuce; Mon Oct 21, 2013 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: added mindset reason.

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 08:16 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oana1717 View Post
Hi ,

What do you think of during the showdown ? Do you think of something specific , do you think I'm gonna win this or lose this , or do you even think about poker at all ?

thank you

I just follow my instinct and decision. It's gamble.
If you're lucky to win in the showdown..GREAT!! but if you lose..MOVE ON!!
Quote from the song of Journey.."Don't stop believing"....
"Some will win, some will lose".

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 11:22 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'm looking to see if I was ranging the opp correctly and also the line they took with their hand (when I see it).. to see if something looks out of line to make a note on.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com