Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom, turned a flush

Old
5nl zoom, turned a flush - Mon Oct 21, 2013, 08:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

should I find a fold here? It really looks like a flush, and chances are it's not 9 high. It looks like a good value bet otr, idk if he would bluff there often.
no reads on the villain

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 09:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Readless you should 3b the turn and get it in.

If he does have a flush, so be it. It's very rare and at these stakes and they can still turn up with sets & straights. You'll be losing money not fastplaying in these types of scenarios.

As played, calling the river is fine. No value in raising.

Last edited by birdayy; Mon Oct 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM..

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 10:20 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Pray,

I agree, our hand is way too strong to fold without any reads, I would expect the generic villain to have a turn check-raising range of 2 pair+, with maybe some overpairs that were playing in an unconventional way and have turned a spade draw.

I would reraise the turn planning to get it in, so many bad river cards for his 2 pair and set holdings can come on the river to kill our action.

As played I also agree with just calling the river.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com