Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Oct 21, 2013, 09:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Hello
I am new to PSO, PS and Poker overall and would like to participate in bankroll builder promotion.

Im interested in MTT/SH cash games. I have read many articles here on PSO and would be very greatful for futher help.

Good Luck and many great days to everyone.

lora.

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 12:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

P.S. This promotion is ONLY for full ring cash games and if you're eligible, cannot play any other type of cash format while in the promotion.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 03:17 PM
(#3)
Hi lora4ka1,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 05:43 AM
(#4)
Ty ty very much.

So I did all what sayd above and even had a chance to play.

So here is one hand

My main question is about flop, turn betsizeing - should F sizeing should be bigger? I did went for full 3street valuebetting with intention to push all my remainings to middle on the river, with good sizeing.

Also about river. Im not scared here of 3x, since villain does not have that many 3x comobos in hes starting range, Ax is also quite unlikely, because i do have one, so my thought that either villain floated on the flop, hit turn or was on a flush draw. So if river came third spade, should i ever concider check back and take showdown? Or we will miss value that way and defenetly shuld fire that third bet since villain shows weakness.

Hand.

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 12:02 PM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 02:03 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi lora4ka1! I'll analyse the hand in post #4.

It's not often I say this in bankroll builder threads, but I think you played this one perfectly!
Your pre-flop raise is standard, and - as is typical in play money games - you still get multiple callers. You smashed the flop, and if this was a heads up pot I'd consider checking, as it would be hard to get called by worse. Slowplaying in general is not recommended at microstakes, but checking would give you the chance to get two streets of value when the villain makes a worse pair on the turn, or calls down with something like 99. All that's by-the-by here, however, as the hand is multiway, so it's more likely that someone has a worse ace or a flush draw, and they certainly won't be folding. I think your flop and turn bets are sized perfectly. The river technically improves your hand, but the only hand you actually overtook was AK, as you were already beating all worse one pair hands, but were crushed by trips and boats. The river also completes a flush. That "scary" river card also might mean you won't get called by worse if you bet too big. For that reason, I'd choose a slightly smaller river value-bet, in order to get called by worse pairs. The more important and useful concept for you to grasp here is that on the turn and river your plan should be to bet-fold, which means you'll make a bet for value (that can get called by worse), but you will fold if you get raised. Look at it this way: by betting every street, you're saying "I have a decent ace". So if the villain raises, he's saying "I can beat a decent ace, because I have trips/full house/flush". The bet-fold plan will work wonders for you at 2NL, because villains play pretty straightforwardly. If they raise you post-flop, it's because they can (usually) beat you. Meanwhile, they will usually call with worse if you keep betting, so the bet-fold line should be your go-to play when you have a made hand: get value for it by betting, but fold if you get raised. Nice hand, well played!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 03:16 PM
(#7)
Arty, thank You very much for this detailed explanation.
I do like the bet-fold plan OTR, but perhaps im not yet that comfortable with this idea, since invested quite a lot already, but as my friend added, it's more an mindset leak and should be removed as right now! (:

So if the overall gameplan at 2NL should be straighforward and recognize when villains show reaggression, to step away, then Im confident enough that with great work and will to learn and ofcourse help of PSO and great thinkers as Yourself I will succeed.

Ty again.

Lora.

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 05:20 PM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#9)
So to the next step.

First of all the hand:
Question- is it okay to flat w& QJs or any BW vs UTG+1 raise?
Then te flop, im pretty sure that I missplayed it, because UTG opening range should be quite tight and will hit this flop hard, so the best like there would be raise over CB righ? Well, since in my humble opinion i missplayed flop, there is nothin that i could do any better on turn on river anymore.

3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet:

1. For value
2. Bluff-forcing opponets out of pot
3. To protect hand

To the quiz

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 12:05 PM
(#10)
Step 2 - Done!

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 09:35 PM
(#11)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 12:57 PM
(#12)
Hi lora4ka1,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 03:22 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi again Lora! I'll analyse the hand in post #9.

With QJs, I'd sometimes fold in this situation, although it's close. QJs is very nice speculative holding and it's a great for stealing blinds, but it's dominated by an early position raising range. You could get into a lot of trouble with this hand if you make top pair, as you'd be crushed by hands like AJ, KQ, QQ+ etc. I'd prefer to have 87s or a small pair, as those hands are much easier to play, and - more importantly - easier to get away from if you don't flop huge. I'd like calling if the players still to act (especially in the blinds) are very loose and passive as this would increase the implied odds of winning a stack if they also call and you make a monster hand.
As played, you make the kind of monster I'm talking about! You flopped the nut straight on KT9. I would absolutely raise the flop, for a few reasons:
1. Villain's range is strong. He can have a set (KK, TT, 99), an overpair (AA), TPTK (AK) and all of these hands will give you action.
2. The board is quite wet and could get scary for villain. If he has one of the previously mentioned hands, he'll hate to see a queen or jack on the turn, as that would means a 4-card straight is on the board. Scary boards will kill your action, and you won't win villain's whole stack.
3. Slowplaying in general just misses too much value. When you make a big hand, you should do everything in your power to win a big pot, with the ultimate aim of getting all in and doubling up.
4. If villain has a set, he has 7 outs to a full house or quads on the turn. You can raise for value while he still needs to hit them.

As played, you smooth call, and this is OK, but you should raise any turn card that doesn't pair the board. The turn is one of those action-killing cards I mentioned. Villain bets again, presumably with a strong hand (at least TPTK), but he should realise that you'll rarely call without a very strong hand yourself. Much of the time, you have a set or a straight, so it will be hard to get paid on the river by one pair. The river 8 connects with the previous cards, but doesn't really change the texture of the board. Your range was already defined on the turn. When villain checks, he might be planning to call a small bet with a hand that has marginal showdown value (TPTK is just marginal on this board), but he won't call a large one. Your all in shove might get a crying call from top set, but most of the time I think villain will check-fold, like he did here, because it seems highly likely that you have a hand he can't beat (i.e. a straight).

Don't be too upset about your play in this hand. You still got two streets of value for your hand. You might have been able to stack off on the flop if you'd raised, but only if villain had a set, or went crazy with AK/AA. Just be aware that when you flop the nuts, the texture of the board can quickly change, causing you to miss value (or lose to a suckout) so you should try and get more money in the pot when you know you have the best hand.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com