Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | - Mon Oct 21, 2013, 02:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
herballifee

I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotions.

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 03:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 02:13 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll builder - Tue Oct 22, 2013, 08:07 AM
(#4)
hi,
i've watched the video,passed the basic test,and here is a hand from a play money full ring table.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

thank you.have a nice day

Old
bankroll builder - Tue Oct 22, 2013, 02:37 PM
(#5)

Old
bankroll builder - Tue Oct 22, 2013, 02:39 PM
(#6)
i have also completed the test and saw the video.thank you.

Old
bankroll builder - Wed Oct 23, 2013, 03:21 PM
(#7)
i'm sorry to bother again but it's passed 24 hours and still no response.have i done something wrong?

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 07:31 PM
(#8)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

On this depth of money and the fact taht we will have a positional advantage post flop, we can certainly consider calling to try and flop some equity to a flush and/or straight draw. We should be looking to play this hand for top pair due to our low kicker, rarely will we feel comfortable betting it for value or calling bets.

On the flop we have to discount all of our outs that are of the heart suit, the reason for this is because the - - or may give one of the villains a flush, straight or top piar higher kicker. With that said, our overall equity in the pot is minimal, but our stack depth merits a call to re-evaluate our course of action on the turn.

Our turn play should solely rely on the reads we have about villain2's tendnecies, have they been loose, tight aswell known showdown ranges. The problem with re-raising on a four straight board 679T is that if we hold an 8..that'll in turn reduce the possiblities of the villain having any of the combos of 8x and maybe get them to fold. Yes, there are one or two pair combos that could call us, but we are better off calling their raise on the turn to open up their entire thin value/bluff range on the river as we will be in postion to pick them off.

Hand Analysis

Generally a limping range is perceieved as a weak range of holdings.
Due to the huge gap between the ten and five this hand is unplayable and will not show a profit in the long run. it should not be raised to try and isolate one of the limpers. Try to avoid playing hands such as these, they aren't considered value hands. These value hands are considered the top of our range AK AQ AJ ATs KQ QJ JTs 99 TT JJ QQ KK AA these are the hands we should be focusing on when first starting out at the real money tables, as they will show you the most profit and make for much easier decisions post flop.

Post flop, there are several 7x combos that the villain could have...16 combos fo each hand 72 73 74 75 76 78 79 7T J7 Q7 K7 A7. I'd be keen to maybe check call one street depending on our pot odds to see if we can improve our hand and give up on future streets if it doesn't. Raising and/or betting this hand could possibly be isolating our weak holding versus a better range of made hands...eseentially value owning ourself.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 07:34 PM
(#9)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
bankroll builder - Thu Oct 24, 2013, 03:25 AM
(#10)
1 :- Pur Pressure on Opponents
2 :- Protect against strong draws
3 :- Gain value from strong hands

hello,

i've lost my first bonus,but the hand replayer did not work.and i also managed to gain only 4 vpp's.

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 06:51 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by herballifee View Post
1 :- Pur Pressure on Opponents
2 :- Protect against strong draws
3 :- Gain value from strong hands

hello,

i've lost my first bonus,but the hand replayer did not work.and i also managed to gain only 4 vpp's.
Hi,

Please explain to me what error you are encountering when trying to get the hand replayer to function.

In order for us to proceed with the next steps in your training, we'll need you to post a hand replay of the hand that lost your bonus.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
bankroll builder - Thu Oct 24, 2013, 07:25 AM
(#12)
hello,well i copied the history of the hand in the hand replayer but and it did not read it.it tried this for several hands and the same thing.thank you

Old
bankroll builder - Thu Oct 24, 2013, 07:32 AM
(#13)
ok.i asked for a hand history from pokerstars and tryed again and it seems that is working now.i don't know what happend earlier.

Old
bankroll builder - Thu Oct 24, 2013, 07:39 AM
(#14)

Old
bankroll builder - Thu Oct 24, 2013, 07:47 AM
(#15)
I still have some problemes completing the cash quiz.it's a bit tricky but i'll get it done.

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 09:49 PM
(#16)
Hi,

Please let me know when you have passed the cash game quiz, I will then analyze the two hands that you have submitted for evaluation and advise of the next steps in your Bank Roll Builder training.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
bankroll builder - Tue Oct 29, 2013, 11:33 AM
(#17)
hello.i finally managed to pass the quiz.thank you.

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 08:25 AM
(#18)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on a stack depth of just over 50bb I might consider folding this hand preflop facing an early position open aswell when villain6 makes such a huge 3bet sizing. Villain6 re-opens thes action and appears to be for pure value, they seem to not be concerned that there is three other villains left to act behind. Our hand versus a tight 3bet range will not play to well, AK AQ KQs AA KK QQ JJ all have us beat.

Post flop, even though we flop top pair with a decent kicker. What range of worse hands can we get value from that are part of a tight 3bet range? Without specific reads, I'm going to presume this a tight villain. Did you have any reads?

Hand Analysis
:J:9
At a 9max table the earlier we are to act pre-flop our starting hand range should be tighter than in later positions. The reason for this is because there are still so many players left behind us to act, which in turn will increase the likelihood of a better and much stronger range of hands being present, AJ KJ QJ JJ AA KK QQ AK AQ would all have us dominated. If I elected to play this hand I would played it for a potential straight draw and not so much for top pair due to kicker issues, I also would have enterend the pot for a raise of 3x the big blind. With all of what was said, there are more downsides to playing this hand and I'd generally pitch it into the muck preflop.

Post flop, even though we have top pair, we should be concerned about our kicker card and over pairs being present. The villain showed the willingness to play an inflated pot on a relatively short stack depth of 40bb knowing that they'll be at a positional disadvantage...that right there alone might be an indicator of the strength of their hand. When they 4bet us post flop, I might fold...unless we had reads about their tendencies that would dictate otherwise.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 08:25 AM
(#19)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
bankroll builder - Wed Oct 30, 2013, 11:43 AM
(#20)
hello,i only managed to earn 5 vpp's and here is the looseing hand.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com