Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Prem

Old
Prem - Mon Oct 21, 2013, 10:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I see lots of post for the Open league but does anyone have tips for how to play the Premier league?

Any help gratefully received

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 11:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
Depends on what you want from it, to cash and/or to try stay in it by finishing in the top 800.

Different ways to play according to your goal.

Check my blog as I shared what has worked for my goal and so far so good.

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 02:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Super nit mode for the first 2 hours, super loose mode for the next part of the tournament.
Also you need to run well, if you don't win the flips you probably don't win any cash in the premier.
Slow-folding isn't that important in the premier, since play is more deep stacked, although it would probably be helpful on the money bubble.

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 04:36 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2013
I'm also going to say it depends on what you want from it as if slettuce said.

Open up tight is good, special the for the bottom -25% of the field because we know that when you arrive there thats a bad thing for your score.

I would like to try and climb make the leaderboard and make decisions based on that, you wont be able to do good in every single one of the tournaments but i think its important to realize you're playing for a scoring system. If you are #1 ranked in the current leaderboard (ovaral) you should make sure you do not ever bust before 50% of the field has dropped out or you'll loose points again, as a mater of fact if you have a big edge upon the second place in the leaderboard you might want to stop playing at all do avoid dropping points that month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamblingProp View Post
Super nit mode for the first 2 hours, super loose mode for the next part of the tournament.
Also you need to run well, if you don't win the flips you probably don't win any cash in the premier.
Slow-folding isn't that important in the premier, since play is more deep stacked, although it would probably be helpful on the money bubble.
On a personal note i dont like the slow-folding mindset. I myself hate people who do this on my table, ok that it happens close to the bubble, people want to cash and i get that. But i just play my hands as they come as if i am supposed to play them.
Keep in mind by timestealing if you slowfold you are reducing the amount of hands you play, i myself assume i got a egde over the field i'm playing against (if you dont, you shoulnt play/drop stakes) so the more hands we play the more i'm favour to come out on top.

Gr. Daikie

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com