Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25nl zoom TPGK river decision

Old
25nl zoom TPGK river decision - Mon Oct 21, 2013, 11:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
vs 37/28/1,6AF 227 hands River Agg% 34(19)

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($60.79)
SB ($26.02)
BB ($22.33)
Hero (UTG) ($26.55)
MP ($26.20)
CO ($82.99)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, Q
Hero raises to $0.75, MP calls $0.75, CO calls $0.75, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.10) 6, 4, 8 (4 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50, BB calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($9.10) A (4 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $5, 1 fold, CO calls $5, 1 fold

River: ($19.10) J (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $21, Hero...(All-In)

Flop: At the moment seemed like a good idea to continue, cheap price with two overs and a BDFD, now it seems bad because most of the times i wont see a cheap river to make the nuts.

On the turn I decided to lead and small, there are many pair + gutshot and MP seemed it could have something like 99-QQ that could pay me. Bet small to not make the pot way too big on river, and also because if i would get raised would be an easy fold. CO thank for a while and called..

River: Went for a check because wasn't sure if my hand was good, and because any value bet seemed really big to bet/fold.
He thinks for a bit again and puts me all-in.

call or fold?

Last edited by CaRLoS_DZ87; Mon Oct 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM..

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 02:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
I am folding flop for sure, since drawing multiway with A high doesn't seem good to me.
As played I am betting more on turn and folding river.
You have turned your hand face up by betting turn and checking river, so villain is rarely bluffing in my opinion.
Fold.

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 03:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamblingProp View Post
I am folding flop for sure, since drawing multiway with A high doesn't seem good to me.
As played I am betting more on turn and folding river.
You have turned your hand face up by betting turn and checking river, so villain is rarely bluffing in my opinion.
Fold.
I agree with Gamblingprop.Opp knew, You got an A.

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 05:52 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Carlos,

You already know the answer to the flop line x/f

I'm happy to have hit the turn though, but I wouldn't bet. Given the action on the low/connected board OTF, I want to keep the pot as small as possible now with just one-pair on a board with potential sets MW. When we bet, we put a lot of pressure on PPs and in reality that is the hands I want to play against and not draws, because draws will be continuing and will be putting plenty of pressure on us OTR especially when we are OOP.

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 06:04 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Hey Carlos,

I think I agree with the other guys. On such a draw heavy board... I'm not sure how often our one pair hands are good here. Villain may play AJ or his sets like this & wants you to call with your big Ax hands so I don't see any merit in making a value bet OTR... & favour a fold.

GL @ the tables.

BR Tony [Prodigy237]

Last edited by Prodigy237; Tue Oct 22, 2013 at 06:08 AM..

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 07:47 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
With so many people seeing the flop, and then with the villain's AF being so low, that big bet on the river's sure troublesome, so yeah that sure is reason to be concerned.

On the other hand, with the way you only made a half-bet on the turn, and then checked the river, it doesn't look like you're too crazy about your hand - like the only Ax in your range would be AQ, AK, and you didn't bet the river. And then he went and made that overbet - and did you only have like $19 left behind? So then I'm not sure, like ...

Did the villain make it so big because he had 2pr+ and felt he was only going to get called by Ax anyways?
Was he trying to make 2pr+ look bluffy to try and get a call from like ... maybe 77?
Was he actually (semi-)bluffing with a speculative hand like 8d9d? Or a hand like KdQd?
Did he just get excited at making 2pr with like AsJs?

Not sure what I would do in your spot Carlos

Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Oct 22, 2013 at 07:50 AM..

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 08:45 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Maybe vs an unknown I might be more inclined to call, thinking he might be overbetting the river with like QdJd, hoping to get a fold from AsTs?

But vs someone with such a low AF, maybe I'd be more inclined to fold in case he's trying to make up for the re-raise he didn't make on the turn with a flopped set, in hopes he's up against AQ and gets a call?

Tough spot!

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 09:59 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Yeah I got sucked out on a preflop shove at my shot at 50nl, and think that made me loosen a little bit and go on hero call mode. I didn't just snap call at least lol, he seemed too crazy preflop and had IMO a high river aggression, and had him all the way on a pair+gutshot since 4 way seemed he would raise at some point with stronger hands and that my hand looked exactly for what it is that he might just turn his pair into a bluff.

He had the nuts 57s all the way, he trapped me good felt like such a fish lol. I´m done hero calling specially while shot taking need to protect the bankroll.

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 11:40 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Guess this is kind of an unusual hand, with there being so many people with only so-so interest in the pot ... until the river.

Before I was thinking the call on the flop seemed fine, with the backdoor nut flush draw and overs. But with 4 people in the pot maybe this is more of a reverse implied odds spot if the overs weren't likely good, not just versus sets and 57s but also like A4/A6/A8?

So everybody likes a fold on the flop. And everybody likes a fold on the river, even versus a potential bluffer for much the same reason?

okay

PS Carlos, I didn't think your call was *so* bad, since the villain did have aggro tendencies, and people sometimes do crazy things 57s - looks like my ranging was too tight

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com