Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl FR Zoom AK

Old
2nl FR Zoom AK - Tue Oct 22, 2013, 08:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
HI guys,

Please could you analyse my hand below.

The villain was unknown - only had two hands on him.

My image should be strong against a thinking opponent since that I raised UTG.

Please tell me against unknown, on this board you would lay down this hand.

He raised a good amount on the river, which tells me that he likely knows what he is doing.

To me this looks like a made flush, although it's possible that he might of had two pair with KJ (if he lieks playing an early position raiser with dominated hands). Possible full house if he called with JJ to set mine. Then there is QT for the the straight (Again another dominated hand). I don't beat any of that so I folded.

Cheers,

Pullin

Last edited by pullin1988; Tue Oct 22, 2013 at 08:42 AM..

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 10:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi pullin,

I like your line all the way. The river is somewhat close between check/fold and bet/fold, but vs. unknowns at 2NL I prefer to bet/fold as they make calling mistakes more than any other kind.

Edit: I consider check/fold, because I would expect random passive 2NL players to check down this river with all worse hands, and only bet with KJ, QT, a flush, or boat. Since we only beat KJ, if he does in fact bet after checked to, we are beat much more often than not imo. Bet/fold is probably a bit better though because he will pay us off with KJ/Kx, maybe Jx if he's called this far with it, and we can comfortably fold to a raise.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 10:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2013
Cheers,

I am glad I made the right decision.

Cheers,

Pullin

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com