Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$0.25 90 players NL HOLD'EM

Old
$0.25 90 players NL HOLD'EM - Tue Oct 22, 2013, 11:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

Should I have allin-ed the re-raise? Please let me know if I did anything else not optimal.

Last edited by wcdz; Tue Oct 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM..

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 12:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi wcdz!

With JJ from UTG, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper (raise to 90). I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, so that it helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basially turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent... something that I want to avoid.

I then get re-raised to 315 by the SB. Since I'm in position and it's early in the tourney, I'm going to call here IN position and re-evaluate after the flop.

I would then make standard value bets on every street. A standard bet against one opp is 1/2 pot, so that is what I will bet until I'm pot-committed, then I'll shove.

With this being early in the tourney, I don't need to shove here. If I wanted to re-raise, I would make a standard one to 3X the previous bet (945) and this bet would not pot-commit me. I only want to shove early if I'm pot-committed, as I can still fold and have playability in my stack.
Also, while JJ is a made hand, it is very vulnerable as there are three overcards that the opp could have that can beat me if they pair the board.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com