Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

KK

Old
KK - Tue Oct 22, 2013, 12:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

Everyone is peeling the flop here right?

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2013, 11:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi mike,

No, I'm not check/peeling, out of position I think we should be continuation betting. Checking invites him to bluff us and without position we can't get to showdown if he does. In position I like checking back more when checked to in this type of spot. It's true that in terms of "value" a c-bet is very thin, no better hand will fold obviously but we can get called by draws and big suited Q's if he's loose, so there's at least some worse hands that will call. Checking is worse here imo because it invites all worse hands to bluff, or if he's not the bluffing type, take a free card and realize some of his equity. By c-betting we protect our equity and remove bluffs from his range. If we get called, we can shut it down unimproved or barrel a K or diamond.

Readless at this level this is how I see it.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 12:51 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
We also put our range completely face up OOP which is a recipe for disaster because any good player will just triple barrel you off your hand.

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 10:46 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
We also put our range completely face up OOP which is a recipe for disaster because any good player will just triple barrel you off your hand.
Exactly, this is what I meant by inviting him to bluff and we can't get to showdown, since we are not going to check/call down 3 streets.

Obviously it can all change with reads. Vs a big bluffer we might opt to check/call down 3 streets. Vs. a guy who never bluffs, we might check/fold the flop, but value bet later in the hand if he checks behind us.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 12:31 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2013
Right ok so when were OOP were gonna still bet il make a mental note of that now, as played though do you like my all in shove?

Yh he can have a straight but i thought he should only have 4 combos of JTs and i didnt expect this player to semi bluff with a draw to be honest, anyhow i was thinking on the turn i should of lead into him rather than check shove, what do you think?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com