Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

NL,holdem : Playing form BB

Old
Unhappy
NL,holdem : Playing form BB - Wed Oct 23, 2013, 04:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Dealer button with Villan 3

My Hole Cards 6c Ks

Villan 4 puts small blind 5

HERO puts big blind 10

Hole cards dealt

Preflop

Villan 1 called 10

Villan 2 called 10

Villan 5 called 10

Villan 3 folded

Villan 4 folded

HERO checked

Flop
cards 5s Js 6d

HERO checked

Villan 1 checked

Villan 2 checked

Villan 5 raised 20

HERO called 20

Villan 1 folded

Villan 2 folded

Turn card Td

HERO checked

Villan 5 raised 25

HERO called 25

River card 7h
HERO raised 20

Villan 5 called 20

Show

Villan 5 shows 9d 5d

HERO shows 6c Ks

Winner HERO amount 166, with One Pair Sixes, 6c 6d Ks Js Td
---------------------------------------------------------
the villan5 was a bit loser . He made a small bet ,preferably a semi-bluff . I just called with medium pair .

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 04:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2013
Hi siingh,

It would make the job of the hand analysers easier if you posted using the Hand Replayer or Boom instead of the wall of text.
Might I suggest you see this post first http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...and-for-review

Regards,
IBNash

Old
not playing on stars - Wed Oct 23, 2013, 05:24 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
I am sorry but THIS HAND i DIDN'T PLAYED ON POKERSTARS .. I played it on a local site which gave me hand history like this . It would not convert to a hand in hand replayer

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi siingh!

With a really bad hand in K6o, when the others limp, I'm more than happy to check and see a free flop. If someone would have raised, I need to fold.

I flop 2 pair and need to make a value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, board texture and number of opps. With 3 opps in the pot, I need to bet 34 chips. I cannot check. The only time that I can check is if there isn't a single card in the deck that can beat me and with this many opps, someone has an overcard to my 6. I also cannot bet (or call) a bet less than this, or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me... something that I need to avoid doing whenever possible when I think I'm ahead.

The turn 10 could be a problem, because if the opp has one, I'm now way behind. I need to make one last value bet here and will lead for 1/2 pot since I'm heads-up. My plan for the rest of the hand is that if I'm raised, I need to fold and if I am called, I'm not putting another chip into the pot unless I improve on the river. If I check the turn, then I need to fold to the opp's bet. I do not want to check/call here.

The river is another overcard and I need to check and hope to get to a cheap showdown. If the opp bets again, I need to fold.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com