Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

PokerStars Team Online Week - Post Videos Here

Old
PokerStars Team Online Week - Post Videos Here - Wed Oct 23, 2013, 04:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)

At PokerSchoolOnline even the coaches get coached from time to time.

Between October 28th and November 3rd you will be able to watch as our coaches and Team PokerStars Online members Felix 'xflixx' Schneiders and André 'acoimbra' Coimbra will be instructed by their fellow team mates including Issac Haxton, Randy 'nanonoko' Lew and many more.

Every day, starting October 28th we will publish a new video covering Cash Game Poker and Multi-table Tournament Poker, with 3 videos of each.

Watch and learn as some of the greatest minds in online Poker discuss what it takes to be a winner in today's games. It's like taking a peek into the Team PokerStars Online gym.

But what if there was an actual chance to practice with Team Online?
Just you and the Pros?
Well, there is!

Win A Coaching Session with your favorite Team PokerStars Online member!

Would you like to win a personal coaching session with a Team PokerStars Online member? With PokerSchoolOnline you can do just that!

Submit a YouTube video to our special 'Coaching the Coach' forum thread until November 1st for your chance to win. Your short video should contain at least a single table that you played recently on PokerStars with commentary on the decisions you are making as you play.

Post Your Videos In This Thread Below

On November 2nd, the 10 videos with the highest number of views will get into the final round. In the final round, the community will choose the best 3 videos though a public voting. By Monday, November 4th, we will know the results.

Winner 1 will then be able to have first choice of which Team PokerStars Online player he would like to receive a free one-on-one coaching session with. Winner 2 will have second choice and so on. Each member of Team PokerStars Online is available for one coaching session only!

This is an unbelievable opportunity to get coached by a PokerStars professional so don't miss out, get making your video today!

Team PokerSchoolOnline.

NB: If you are struggling to find the right recording tool to create your video, try http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/! It’s a web based service (no installation needed) which offers free screen recordings for up to 15 min.

Another great tool is http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html. Camtasia is a professional screen recording software that has a lot of cool editing tools. It’s rather expensive, but comes with a free 30 day trial.

Terms and Conditions:

• Only one entry per member
  • A link to your video must be posted in this thread only. Please post your videos below.
  • The video must be your own work, any entry that is not your work will be removed from the competition.
  • The three winners will be picked on November 3rd, 11:59 p.m. (ET) and announced in the special forum thread on the following day.
  • The winners can only get coaching from Team PokerStars Online members who participate in this promotion.
  • PokerSchoolOnline reserves the right to add, edit or change the promotion in any way deemed fit without notice.
  • Team PokerSchoolOnline decision is final in all circumstance.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Wed Oct 23, 2013 at 06:02 AM..

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 08:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2011
Sounds like an awesome opportunity.

Two questions:

1) "... with commentary on the decisions you are making as you play." Does that mean live as it is happening or commenting on play as the hands are shown in a replayer (like PT's hand replayer)?

2) "... the 10 videos with the highest number of views" What the contest's definition of a view?

Thanks,
Saturnation

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 08:42 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnation View Post
Sounds like an awesome opportunity.

Two questions:

Thanks,
Saturnation
1) "... with commentary on the decisions you are making as you play." Does that mean live as it is happening or commenting on play as the hands are shown in a replayer (like PT's hand replayer)?

Replayer is fine, as long as it's in a Youtube video

2) "... the 10 videos with the highest number of views" What the contest's definition of a view?

Youtube views, (as of Nov 2nd at 00:01 EST) and the top 3 will then go to a poll vote here in the forums on November 2nd

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 09:43 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
I'm really looking forward to seeing all the great videos PSOers make for this awesome promo!

Pro tip: Once you've made your video take full advantage of social media! Tweet and share on Facebook with your friends to really get it out there and get those views up.

Good luck everyone!

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 10:05 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
how short is short? 5 minutes / 25 minutes please?

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiveAllIn View Post
This please?!?

And "
Your short video should contain at least a single table that you played recently on PokerStars with commentary on the decisions you are making as you play."

Does this mean it cannot be selected hands, but has to include all hands from part of a session/tourney?

Off to make some friends who will be able to view my vid

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 10:17 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiveAllIn View Post
Not more than 15 minutes

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 10:23 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess Awe View Post
Your short video should contain at least a single table that you played recently on PokerStars with commentary on the decisions you are making as you play."

Does this mean it cannot be selected hands, but has to include all hands from part of a session/tourney?
Hey Profess Awe,

Keep it simple

If you post selected hands that's fine as they will be from a single table that you played recently.

This is a fun, social promotion helping the PokerStars Team celebrate Team Online Week, the main thing is that we enjoy it

It's also a great chance for anyone that hasn't tried making a youtube video to give it a try, once you do one you won't look back!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 11:16 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
TY for reply

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 12:50 PM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hey Profess Awe,

Keep it simple

If you post selected hands that's fine as they will be from a single table that you played recently.
Thanks for replies! I am going to assume that hands from same zoom pool/same tourney are fine even if not at exact same table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
It's also a great chance for anyone that hasn't tried making a youtube video to give it a try, once you do one you won't look back!

Raiser
Agreed, although nothing wrong with a turnaround! Good luck to those who enter!

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 01:29 PM
(#11)
Hi Folks
Well , I thought I'd get the ball rolling on this great opportunity!
I was pretty close to chickening out on this..I've never done anything like this before.
I'm sure there are many misuses of terminology and a few mistakes in my words, please bare with me..
Created a YouTube channel in order to upload my Boom Re-player video from the linkhttp://www.screencast-o-matic.com/ provided by royalraise85 Ty Ty ..not being tech savy AT ALL..can't believe got this to work

So here's my link http://youtu.be/cfqUYLw0RuUto the 4 hands which I put in my video with commentary..I hope my monotone voice doesn't put you into a deep sleep......unless sleep is what you need because you've been playing too much non-stop poker

Thanks Folks
Hope you enjoy and looking forward to comments and a chance to win a Team PokerStars Coaching Session

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 01:47 PM
(#12)
Thanks for the Pro Tip Fadyen
I also tweeted it
Steve S.S.Grunt
Good Luck Folks

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 02:05 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Props to Steve for being the first entrant. I wish I was eligible for this competition, as the prize is amazing!

Good luck to everyone who takes the time to put together an entry.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Video - Note Taking Basic - Thu Oct 24, 2013, 01:40 AM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2013
Hey guys

Below is a link to the video I put together for the promotion:

In the video I play a 1.50 45 man turbo. I bust out relatively early in the tournament although, as Im only playing the one table, I spend a fair bit of time discussing the systems I use to take notes on player tendencies and profile the various player types.

In game note taking is a concept I struggled with when I first started playing online poker as I didnt have a clue what to write. I spent a fair bit of time researching and developing the system I now use and although its far from perfect I think the video may give new players an idea of what basic notes are useful to make about an opponent throughout a tournament.

Id love to hear what you guys think!!

Last edited by Hugh Horace; Wed Oct 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: embedding youtube clip

Old
Talking to myself is embarrasing - Thu Oct 24, 2013, 02:11 AM
(#15)
Since: May 2011
Hi guys and girls,

Had a go and can't believe what rubbish I'm normally thinking but now you can hear me talking to myself.

Just 15 minutes at 10NL trying commentary, live reading and labels of opponents. Look out for how I can bluff you. If you watch my video you can now exploit me later and take my money.

And a "Thank you and good night" at the end. Watching too many old bands.

Reading T&C literally here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4K586zZb5g

Wish I could try again but only one entry allowed. Should have put a script together not just ad-lib live.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM..

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 07:16 AM
(#16)
Since: Apr 2012
Hello Huge Horace,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Good luck with your entry!

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 10:25 AM
(#17)
Since: Sep 2013
hello , i have a question , can the video be in other language (french) with english subs?

thank you!

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#18)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi qwertyel0el,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Unfortunately for this promotion it must be entirely in English. However, it would be acceptable to have someone dub your video into English. Hope this helps.

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum
and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club
may be found HERE.

Hope to see you there!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM..

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 04:28 PM
(#19)
Since: Aug 2011
Hello!

Here is my attempt at making a video for the promotion. I play a 15 minute session of limit omaha hi/lo 2c/4c http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmUbbd745Q4

I know exactly how bad it is and I'm somewhat embarrassed by it but I wanted to try it out anyway.

If anybody wants to make any comments on it please feel free to do so!!

rafasrevenge

Old
Thumbs up
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 08:18 PM
(#20)
Since: Oct 2013
The original version had my newborn wailing in the background, figured it was best to edit that out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt9t9...ature=youtu.be

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com