Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Wed Oct 23, 2013, 05:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Hi!

I am new to Pokerstars and I would like to participate in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Wed Oct 23, 2013, 07:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 07:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Set of Kings, bet sizing - Thu Oct 24, 2013, 08:15 PM
(#4)
I have watched the video and completed the basic course, and here is my hand:

I managed to flop a set of Kings, and I won the hand. But I wondered if my betting strategy was good? If maybe I could have scored a bigger pot?

Last edited by treize959; Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 08:21 PM..

Old
AQ suited, all-in bust! - Fri Oct 25, 2013, 03:53 PM
(#5)
Hi! I know I was only supposed to put one hand, and also that this is not a ring game. But I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this hand as well?

This was a tournament, and I felt I was playing well, got down to half the field, then lost a bit of momentum and busted out on this hand. I really did not expect the opponent to have the other Q's! Looking back I think I should have seen it and backed out, what do you think?

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 10:17 PM
(#6)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on a stack depth of 40bb, we really do not have that much post flop manueverabilty in terms of 3betting without being pot commited on future streets. I would have preferred to check on the flop with the intentions of raising when one of the villains bets (check raise) or just check call to disguise the strength of our hand, this is a relatively dry flop texture and taking card removal into account from all of the villains range..it's unlikely that they are holding a range of Kx as the board present two kind and we hold one aswell. If we are to bet on this flop into that many villains, it shows strength and we are also displaying that we have the willingness to play an inflated pot out of position. We'll just end up folding out all of the villains mediocre Qx and Ax high card floats and low pocket pairs..all of which we want them to try and bet..

A good general rule of thumb when deciding to bet, is to make a sizing of 2/3 to 3/4 the pot size, this will help to ensure a pot is built and value is made.. wlthough not all situations call for these sizing due our stack depth and board textures.. sometimes 1/2 pot size will have a lot of merit.

Hand Analysis

Did you have any specific reads about this villains tendenecies based on previously played hands?
This dry board texture doesn't really hit a solid 3bet range besides AQ KQ QQ. The only hands that we should be concerned about is KK AA and it's unlikely that they 3bet 77 66 55. I would have preferred to check call all three streets, this low middling board texture really doesn't help out either the villains or your range besides the hands mentioned above..esstenially there aren't to many worse made hands to get value from here besides JJ TT 99 and this is such a narrow range...however AK AJ ATs KJs could potentially barrel...so a value check has a lot of merit in this situation (check with the intentions of calling the villains bet).

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,

CannonLee

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 10:18 PM
(#7)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Hand analysis - Sun Oct 27, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#8)
Hi!

Thank you for your analyses, I found them very interesting.

With the AQ hand, it was a cagey game with a lot of stealing the blinds, so that's what I thought the villain was attempting at first. But I should have read the situation a lot better. This happened nearly 2 hours into the tournament and I think I just lost my concentration.

I've started playing the cash tables and I got almost the exact same hand again, but this time a played it a lot better thanks to your advice!

I will post once I've completed all three tasks!

Thanks.

Old
Mon Oct 28, 2013, 08:05 AM
(#9)
Hi,

Good luck and good decisions! If you encounter any difficult situations that you where unsure, please do not hesitate to post a hand replay for analysis here in your thread.

CannonLee

Old
Task completion - Mon Oct 28, 2013, 09:39 AM
(#10)
Hi!

I have passed the Cash Game course! And my three reasons why a player would want to make a big bet are:

- To put pressure on your opponent.
- To bluff opponents into folding decent hands.
- To protect against strong draws.

I also have a hand that I will post below.

Old
Triple A's vs. Full House - Mon Oct 28, 2013, 09:50 AM
(#11)
Here is a hand that I had difficulty with.

I knew that my opponent had an ace, and I was also pretty sure that it was not a big ace. I was sure that I had the better kicker, but I didn't consider that he could have paired his kicker to make the full house. What do you think?

Old
AQ follow up - Mon Oct 28, 2013, 10:12 AM
(#12)
Also, this is the hand I mentioned before concerning the AQ situation.

I think that I played this one a lot better. I proceeded with caution, since I figured that the villain had a strong starting hand (thankfully not QQ this time). I didn't want to bet the turn because I wasn't sure if the villain had somehow connected, and I was out of position. I don't know if I could have gotten more value out of this, but overall I was happy to successfully defend my big blind.

Old
Tue Oct 29, 2013, 07:27 AM
(#13)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

I would'nt be to concerned about two card flush combos, as these type of holdings are going to consist of such a small portion of just about every players overall range. The main question we need to ask our selves here on the river "what range am I trying to get value from by check raising"? I would have much rather prefered betting all three streets after being the pre-flop raiser instead of the post flop line that was origianlly taken in this hand replayer.. There are so many hands that the villain could have called with on the flop and turn, such as, Kx Qx Jx with a stray suit for the club and in rare circumstances Ax given that the board presented two aces and we hold one them..so we could effectively take card removal into account from their range. By not continuation betting the flop we allow all of the hands he would have called with..to now check back and peel a free card..basically we'd be losing value, any chance that you get to bet for value do not hesitate to do so, only in very player dependant situations aswell board textures should we ever consider slow playing. This is a cooler situation, meaning, a strong hand vs. strong hand that cannot (or rather tough) to lay down. When the villain re-raises us on the river, I might consider pitching my hand into the muck...as relative hand strength to board textures at 9max tables are usually weighted towards the goods.

Hand Analysis

You could have certainly gotten more value with this hand. We could have elected to 3bet pre-flop or check raise the flop for value and proceed to bet the turn. The problem with check calling a draw heavy board like this is that there are going to be to many turn cards that hurt our course of action a quite likely the villain aswell, by calling it appears we are the one on a draw . I'd prefer check raising this flop to get the value now before an action killing card peels on future streets. I wouldn't be to concerned about the villain having 9x or heart combos because this range in general doesn't really suit a tight/solid early position open.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tue Oct 29, 2013, 07:28 AM
(#14)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Thanks - Wed Oct 30, 2013, 08:07 AM
(#15)
Thanks again for the hand analysis. These have been very helpful!

I will let you know if I achieve one of the tasks!

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 07:01 AM
(#16)
Hi,

Best of luck to you at the tables! If you encounter any difficult situations, please do not hesitate to post a hand replay ('s) for analysis here in your thread.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
10 vpp! - Thu Oct 31, 2013, 05:11 PM
(#17)
Hi!

I did it, I've got 10 VPP. I started counting from 4.9, a little after I got the second $2, and now I have a little over 16.

No hands for the moment, but I'm sure I'll come across something soon. And when I do I'll post it here!

Cheers!

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 06:52 AM
(#18)
Fantastic!

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 4th bonus. Let us know if you hit that target

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
10 vpp - Mon Nov 04, 2013, 04:44 PM
(#19)
Hi!

I've managed to score the 10 VPP. I started counting from 25, and now I have 37!

I'll try and post some hands soon.

Cheers!

Old
Tue Nov 05, 2013, 01:47 AM
(#20)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com