5NL Zoom (6max), facing big river all in bet

Old
5NL Zoom (6max), facing big river all in bet - Thu Oct 24, 2013, 12:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013

Hi all~

BB VPIP 28:21 AG 1.9 3B 4.9 CB 57 CBT 63 AG%R19

Pre-flop
Would normally fold the 3-bet but the bet is just too small and I have position so I called.

Flop
Pretty dry don't think it hits his range. With such a big bet I think he either have a pair 99+ or maybe FD but unlikely ( Maybe fold is porb better here? )

Turn
Gave me the TP. Thought about re-raise but didn't.

River
No flush. I think I might have the best hand, but he bet all-in

Questions:
1) Should I have folded on the flop coz of the bet size?
2) Should I re-raise on the turn?
3) Could this line of betting been a busted FD? Or it's more likely AA AK 99?
4) Call or Fold

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 02:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
first of all, he min3bet your utg open, that looks strong to me, and with his 3b% he doesnt look like he's 3betting light.

1) I would have folded
2) I don't think so, he bet the flop big, he's barreling the turn and he's not afraid of the ace, I'm not sure he will barrel with air or second pairs big a second time when the A hits, sure there are flush draws assuming he 3bet you with suited aces and connectors but that's just not often enough (correct me if I'm wrong), and even then it's a call not a raise.
3) I'm more inclined to think of AK+, TPTK+
4) Fold imo

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 02:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Snap-fold the flop.

You completely missed and he's potting it. His value range (overpairs) has you crushed. At best you have 6 outs, but could be drawing almost dead (vs AK) or totally dead (AA). Peeling one off just puts you in a tougher spot. You make top pair, but are still losing to AK/AA. This is a good "scare card" for villain to barrel if he has something like 99, but he won't fire a third bullet with anything you beat. If you call the turn, then it's because you think you're ahead. Raising is definitely not a good idea, as that would be turning your hand into a bluff and get you value-owned (nothing better would fold and nothing worse would call your raise). The 9 on the river only improves 99 (which is definitely in his range) and he does indeed fire again. I can't see him making this play with AJ or a weaker ace that decided to 3-bet light vs your UTG open, so I'd fold here too.

Very occasionally, you'll have the the best hand here, because villain is just randomly spewing with Ax, or he panicked with KK/QQ and knew he had to keep betting in order to get you to fold. Most of the time, though, you're beat, and the tough decisions you faced on the turn and river stem from the bad call on the flop. Avoid tough decisions and the loss of big chunks of your stack by folding on the flop. It's a huge spew to call the flop with bare overcards in a 3-bet pot.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 24, 2013, 02:21 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2011
I'd fold preflop. Because of his strong action(3bet UTGopen OOP). I don't believe he could do it with suited cards since his 3bet percentage is so low. It is even lower than 4.9 percent in this particular spot, because that stat represents all his 3bets taken from all positions like CO or BTN where it tend to be wider. In this case we could be standing vs AK,QQ+ range so I'd rather pick another spot to take the money

Last edited by morduk666; Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 02:29 PM..

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 09:10 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2013
You guys were spot on !!!!! I completely miss read his 3B range when I was playing this hand ( just lost an all-in pot on the flop as 65 : 35 favour ) I just saw his min raise and i called

I fold the river at the end. What a waste of money there

Thanks all for the replays

Last edited by hahaharofl; Fri Oct 25, 2013 at 09:16 AM..

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 09:32 AM
(#6)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahaharofl View Post
You guys were spot on !!!!! I completely miss read his 3B range when I was playing this hand ( just lost an all-in pot on the flop as 65 : 35 favour ) I just saw his min raise and i called

I fold the river at the end. What a waste of money there

Thanks all for the replays
dunt cry huney , i know u feels bro *hugs hahahahrofl*

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com