Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Fri Oct 25, 2013, 08:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Hi, I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

I've not yet deposited however I did win 1c (!!) in an Open League freeroll and have completed some quizzes as part of the carnival promotion.

Please let me know if I'm eligible.

Cheers,

Dirty

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 12:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 10:56 PM
(#3)
Hi Dirty_Inky,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand for review - Sat Oct 26, 2013, 08:05 AM
(#4)

Hi,

In this situation should I have bet out of position after the flop with my kings? Given the low kicker I just checked. When the 4 comes on the turn I think I've got the best hand and I didn't give a straight much consideration. Perhaps if I had bet out my opponent would have folded the gunshot. Also, after the turn I was thinking the opponent had Kx and was betting because he now had action, should I have folded once I was re-raised??

Cheers,
Dirty

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Dirty_Inky!

With K4o in the BB, I get 5 limpers (one all-in). With a bad hand, I'm going to check and see a free flop.

I flop top pair and I need to make a bet here for two reasons. First is for value and secondly, to see where I'm at in the hand. I do not want to check as if an opp bets, I have no clue whether I'm ahead or behind, so I won't know whether to raise/call/fold. Also, I don't want to give an opp with a draw the correct odds to try to outdraw me. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4+ opps in the pot, a standard bet is a pot-sized bet, so I will bet 185.

The turn gives me two pair and with 4+ opps in the hand, I need to make another standard value bet. The pot is still at 185, so I will bet 185. I cannot bet less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I give them the right odds and lose, it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

An opp now min-raises me (a standard raise sizing is to between 3X the previous bet and a pot-sized raise). I'm going to call here and re-evaluate on the river. I don't want to shove as I can be behind a set or a straight.

The river doesn't help me and since the opp raised the turn, I'm going to check to them. My plan will be to call a small bet (since my hand does have showdown value) and to muck to a large bet.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 01:56 PM
(#7)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 29, 2013, 02:11 PM
(#8)
1)

2) A player may want to make a large bet; to gain value from very strong hands; to protect against strong draws; to put pressure on opponents; to bluff people off decent hands

3) Cash game quiz passed.

Cheers,

Dirty

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 05:40 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Inky View Post
1)

2) A player may want to make a large bet; to gain value from very strong hands; to protect against strong draws; to put pressure on opponents; to bluff people off decent hands

3) Cash game quiz passed.

Cheers,

Dirty
Hi Dirty_Inky!

Limping behind with 44 and position is great here. You get a cheap chance to flop a set.

On the flop, I would recommend checking behind. Firstly, players tend not to fold at 2NL. So, betting will often bloat the pot and most cards on the turn and river will be scare cards for you. This can make for tough spots on later streets. Secondly, The paired low flop is unlikely to have helped any of the villains. If it did help them, then they have us crushed. If it didn't, then betting will often fold out all the hands we are beating, but only get calls from for example other pocket pairs which will presumably be better than your 44. I would just check down the hand if I could since your pair has some showdown value.

As played, nice job following through by barreling the turn. Note, if you had gotten called again, you should check-fold the hand unless you river a 4.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 01:17 PM
(#10)
Hi Dirty_Inky,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 02, 2013, 10:50 AM
(#11)
Hi Guys,

Just letting you know it's been a few days and I haven't received my second Bankroll Builder bonus.

I did manage to win a PSO Open Skill League tourney in the meantime though, which I'm pretty happy about.

Cheers,

Dirty

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2013, 10:03 AM
(#12)
Please excuse the delay. I'm not sure why the bonus did not come through within the usual 24 hours expected, however, I can see that it has been released now.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 12:31 PM
(#13)
Hi guys,

I've now racked up 10 VPPs.

Cheers,

Dirty

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 12:42 AM
(#14)
Hi,

Our records do not show you as having earned 10 VPPs as yet, however it can take up to 72 hours for your VPPs to reach our system. In the meantime keep on practicing.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 09:39 AM
(#15)
Hi again,

My third bonus has still not been processed (see previous posts)

Cheers!

Dirty

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 12:07 AM
(#16)
Hi Dirty_Inky,

Fantastic!

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus has cleared, great job so far.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Mon Nov 11, 2013 at 12:09 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com