Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AK

Old
AK - Fri Oct 25, 2013, 10:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hows my line? I decided to raise the turn hoping he wouldn't fold an ace so i can get him committed on the river if i hit my flush.

Maybe i should of min raised, the only thing i don't like is im value owning myself vs boats.

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 11:08 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
I like your line, but we can definitely raise flop for value.
I don't think minraising turn would make a huge difference on villain's decision though.

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 01:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Not sure about the turn raise I think it would be easier to get value from worst A's and worst flush draws on the river, a worst Ax will be scare of the flush and a worst FD might not call with the paired board.

Edit: also not sure if we can call a shove here,if we add some made flush and sets pretty sure we can't.

Last edited by CaRLoS_DZ87; Fri Oct 25, 2013 at 01:32 PM..

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 04:24 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
I don't think you can win a whole stack here unless river is a king and villain already had a boat on the turn. I think you're definitely value-owning/value-cutting yourself by raising the turn. Most of the time you already have the best hand, and you'll fold out worse. It's kind of a pointless "semi-bluff" with the flush draw, because villain is never folding a better hand than yours, and probably shoves everything better, which likely prices you out of even seeing a showdown.
In short, just call flop and turn and evaluate the situation on the river.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com