Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

am i right in thinking he never has AA KK pre here?

Old
am i right in thinking he never has AA KK pre here? - Fri Oct 25, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 05:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
why? these stakes he can have anything.

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 05:03 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
fast never would be better word on the board like this there's left one hand of AA and one hand of KK it's just 0.25% of hand range

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 11:19 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
** moved to NLHE Cash Hand Analysis **

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 03:59 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
I wouldn't say "never", because villains at these stakes tend to make all manner of fancy plays. 4-betting with KK+ would be standard for villain, so when he just flats you're usually looking at a range of QQ-TT/AQ+, although he might have much worse.
As played, I'd usually make a continuation bet on this board, but checking can work too, if you want QQ/JJ to take a stab at the pot. If you take the check-call line on the flop, then check-raising the turn makes most sense to me. If villain trapped you with KK+, then it's kind of a cooler. With top 2 in a 3-bet pot, you're pot-committed and have to stack off (you're not folding to a river bet on a blank, are you?) so get the money in on the turn, expecting to beat AQ, and freeroll against AK with no flush draw. When you check-call turn as well, I think villain is shoving most rivers, but I wouldn't want to take the risk of him checking behind with AQ, that will be worried you have him beat, so I'd lead out on this river for maximum value.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 29, 2013, 08:24 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2012
i was just thinking with the check river if i jam looks like iv slow played a monster..... its not my normal line but was so sure i was good as i said cant see him not 4 betting with AA KK and he never has 33 so wanted to make it look like i had QQ JJ or on some kinda draw

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 05:48 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
With top 2 in a 3-bet pot, you're pot-committed and have to stack off
100bb deep sure, not 200, imo.

Edit: misread your post, if you're check-raising the turn yeah I suppose you'll be pot committed by that point. Though I think x/c flop x/r turn is FPS to the max and totally unnecessary (Just as a general sentiment, I realise you weren't advocating it explicitly) In addition, not sure what hands exactly we're expecting to call us that are much worse if we x/r turn, we have that board pretty crushed and our line will look n*tt*d (apparently salt snacks are a swearword, who knew?! :P) as hell.

I would like a bigger 3b preflop personally and very rarely checking the flop. You flopped a strong hand, it's 2NL bet,bet,bet, get the money in! :P

As for the AA/KK, almost never.

Last edited by AceKingBlows; Wed Oct 30, 2013 at 05:53 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com