Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Lost lot of money

Old
Unhappy
Lost lot of money - Fri Oct 25, 2013, 04:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
I am from a poor family . I play on a local site. I lost over $40 and that meant a lot to me .Deposited $10 ,lost it .... deposited $10 again ,lost it and similarly $4 five times .....LOST it all . I didn't told my dad about it. I had to return this money back. I lose a lot .... A lot of Bad beats and all....:'(

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 04:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
a) you must never deposit more money than you can afford to lose.

b) how old are you?

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 04:57 PM
(#3)
If you cannot afford to lose, you can still play for play-money and freerolls.

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 05:07 PM
(#4)
I am eighteen years old . I wanted to earn through poker and help my family but I .... did it All wrong ...

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 06:05 PM
(#5)
read and learn for free here at PSO and continue to play for free till you understand and start finishing in the money GOOD LUCK

Last edited by RiverFlat; Fri Oct 25, 2013 at 06:25 PM..

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 06:11 PM
(#6)
Have respect for everyone and the new members here but almost sounds like your asking for donations ????????????
Please dont . All members and Pso will frown on you . PLAY WITHIN YOUR MEANS and Learn for free thumbup

Last edited by RiverFlat; Fri Oct 25, 2013 at 06:14 PM..

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 07:01 PM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2012
I would give you tip to start grinding your BR up with freerolls. It can be done quite easily. Move to small money poker after your BR is up to 50$. Read my blog and my 0 to hero challenge thread to for any advice. If you need help with freerolls pls PM me anytime I help in any way I can to get your BR climbing up with freerolls!!

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
hero of poker - Fri Oct 25, 2013, 07:58 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
u dont need to go freerolls and any thing else all u need is to be focus on what yur playin.poker is not a game of luck and bubble play!its a skill poker like chess game and defending yur stocks.

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 08:19 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by siingh View Post
I am eighteen years old . I wanted to earn through poker and help my family but I .... did it All wrong ...
If losing say $20 is huge to you then you should look at taking advantage of promotions like the Team Online week http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...s-online-week/
or using the deposit bonus to play the "Privileged Freerolls" for a nice bankroll boost.

If you're just depositing small amounts of money over and over, buying into games well beyond what your bankroll can sustain then you will go broke more often than not. I'd suggest reading this first http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...oll-Management and also the other courses/videos that can give you some direction to manage your money and become better.

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 08:28 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superthight View Post
u dont need to go freerolls and any thing else all u need is to be focus on what yur playin.poker is not a game of luck and bubble play!its a skill poker like chess game and defending yur stocks.
Without any BR freerolls are best way hehehehe

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
no lose - Fri Oct 25, 2013, 08:43 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
there is only 1 solution for u go to playmoney and u never lose a single dollar yet yur playmoney always reloaded every hour.no worry free .now u can help yur family while having fun.

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 08:59 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superthight View Post
there is only 1 solution for u go to playmoney and u never lose a single dollar yet yur playmoney always reloaded every hour.no worry free .now u can help yur family while having fun.
Little harsh there. I am just trying to help him grow his BR from 0 so he can help his family. No need for
pointless trolling

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 09:09 PM
(#13)
I agree with roslyn, freerolls are great to learn how to play without any risk and as she has done you can build a bankroll from nothing over time.

You should never gamble with money you can not afford to lose and you should never chase your losses as that will lead to losing more. And not only that you will be playing scared and under pressure on the tables which is never good as you need to be focused to play your best.

If you want to learn how to play poker your in the right place there is a lot of very good advice to be found here on PSO. But this game is not a get rich scheme and you will not make money over night to provide for your family, its takes a lot of effort to make money playing poker i'v been playing for around 4 years and this is my first year playing on pokerstars with real money that i have deposited ( the first 3 years was spent mainly playing freerolls ) and i am looking at being break even at best for my first year.

So my advice is learn the game and play as hobby/pastime and enjoy the game and be realistic about your goals.

Hope this helps

DD

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 09:10 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDonkin View Post
I agree with roslyn, freerolls are great to learn how to play without any risk and as she has done you can build a bankroll from nothing over time.

You should never gamble with money you can not afford to lose and you should never chase your losses as that will lead to losing more. And not only that you will be playing scared and under pressure on the tables which is never good as you need to be focused to play your best.

If you want to learn how to play poker your in the right place there is a lot of very good advice to be found here on PSO. But this game is not a get rich scheme and you will not make money over night to provide for your family, its takes a lot of effort to make money playing poker i'v been playing for around 4 years and this is my first year playing on pokerstars with real money that i have deposited ( the first 3 years was spent mainly playing freerolls ) and i am looking at being break even at best for my first year.

So my advice is learn the game and play as hobby/pastime and enjoy the game and be realistic about your goals.

Hope this helps

DD

For everything Dr just said

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 09:17 PM
(#15)
Since: May 2013
It's gambling my friend. Accept the fact that you'll either win or lost.

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 09:30 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus8778 View Post
It's gambling my friend. Accept the fact that you'll either win or lost.
Not really helpful is it

If you use bankroll management you can deal with the times you lose. We all know we cant win every hand or game we play and that there are upswings and downswings its how we deal with the swings that make the difference.

Old
Fri Oct 25, 2013, 10:01 PM
(#17)
Since: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDonkin View Post
Not really helpful is it

If you use bankroll management you can deal with the times you lose. We all know we cant win every hand or game we play and that there are upswings and downswings its how we deal with the swings that make the difference.

Exactly!!

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 04:51 AM
(#18)
BRM will not help much if you are actually a losing player. Until you are sure you are not you should consider any deposited money as already lost and if you cannot afford that then stick to playmoney and freerolls until no longer losing.

I am not affirming that OP is a losing player because I did not try to look up his play history and previous posts but would not be surprised.

Last edited by TweedleBeetl; Sat Oct 26, 2013 at 04:54 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com