Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Zoom - KK facing 4bet IP

Old
2NL Zoom - KK facing 4bet IP - Sat Oct 26, 2013, 02:36 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...059_E4F5489002

Very early into the session, so no notes on villain.

My question is: are these spots avoidable? Coolers happen but is there any way to have more in our favor?

And lastly, is the optimal line here 5bet jam? Flat his 4bet and get it in on almost any board without an ace?

Any help would be great, thanks

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 05:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Hey Built,

Personally, I am getting it 'all in' p/f with KK Vs 4bet & if we're up against AA, then so be it.

Villain could 4bet with JJ+ AQs AKo. The problem with flatting 4bet is it leaves us with a v difficult [... or v easy] decision on A high flop & on a non A high flop we are still losing to AA!

Tony [Prodigy237]

Last edited by Prodigy237; Sat Oct 26, 2013 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: Added

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 11:11 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Yeah just 5b shove pre.

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 01:13 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Built-byTilt,

I'm going with what the guys said. With 100bbs, I'm shoving over a 4bet with KK. Flatting in these positions will not accomplish much since the ranges will usually be tighter; I would not expect villain to be 4bettting light here so there is no point to keep their weak hands as they will be 4betting with their value hands and KK is at the top of our range.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com