Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom strange line

Old
5nl zoom strange line - Sat Oct 26, 2013, 04:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

villan unknown
what range can he have with a line like that?
could it ever be a good call and in what situations?
I guess he could have a busted flush draw, maybe 55, maybe A5, maybe K5 but I'm not sure.

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Praydk,

I think we might be looking at Ax hands, 7x, FDs, PPs when they limp-call and lead flop.
When they check the turn, I think its unlikely for them to have a FD now since I expect them to bet small again with their draws, typical recreational line. Also I think their strong hands would be betting the turn as I don't expect limp-callers to be taking x/r lines too often with strong hands. So their turn check could look like a 7x, A-rag, and the occasional Kcxc. When they over bet the river this might look bluffy but I also think the river improved them to two pair with A5, 75 or a set of 55 or straight with 64. I think it's okay to get bluffed here because we have third pair and its hard for us to call anyways.

Last edited by geoVARTA; Sat Oct 26, 2013 at 01:05 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com