Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Sat Oct 26, 2013, 09:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
I never Made Deposit and I want to participate in Bankroll Builder program and qualify for the promotion . Thank you

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 10:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 12:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
one more question - Mon Oct 28, 2013, 01:53 PM
(#4)
Hi ,
Thank you for you detailed and simple explanation .
I have one last question can the Hands be from a Freeroll or it have to be a Play Money game?
Because I saved History of an interesting hand I want to analyze

Thanks

Old
Hand Replay - Mon Oct 28, 2013, 02:19 PM
(#5)
Here is the Hand I wanted to analyze :

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=CE70183E63

Thnx

Old
Tue Oct 29, 2013, 07:27 AM
(#6)
Hi,

Please embed the hand replayer into your forum post, this is to make sure you know how to properly use the tool. It will also come in handy throughout the duration of you Bank Roll Builder training and future post in various other forums here at PSO. Once you have done this I will analyze the hand replay and instruct you further.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Hand Replayer - Tue Oct 29, 2013, 06:37 PM
(#7)
Here is the first hand :

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=CE70183E63

And this is the second

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=D6A61A3D35

Thanks

Old
Hand Replayer - Tue Oct 29, 2013, 06:40 PM
(#8)
This is the hand replayer link :

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/replayer/

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 08:30 AM
(#9)
Hi,

In order for us to proceed with your Bank Roll Builder training you will need to embed the hand replayer for reasons stated in my previous post. Below is an example of what an embedded hand replayer looks like.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
A 8 suited - Wed Oct 30, 2013, 01:13 PM
(#10)

Old
K 6 suited - Wed Oct 30, 2013, 01:14 PM
(#11)

Old
Poker assessment quiz - Wed Oct 30, 2013, 04:26 PM
(#12)
Hi ,

I passed the Poker Assessment Quiz with 75% .

What's the next step ?

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 07:37 AM
(#13)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on a little over 20bbs, this is a hand we should consider folding pre-flop from this position (under the gun, first to act) with so many players left behind us to act it increases the likely hood of a better range of Ax being present, we are going to flop a flush and/or flush draw such a small percentage of the time. Also, if I decide that I am going to play a hand, I'll enter the pot for the standard raise of 3x the big blind...this will help to get the intiative in the pot and will prove to be a crucial story telling line post flop.

Post flop, we happen to flop the nut flush. We could elect to check raise 3x the villains bet, and fire the turn to set up the stack to pot ratio for a river all in.. get what value we can now, there are going to be to many turn cards that hurt the course of action for both of the villains.. By check calling..if any club or straight card came into play they may proceed to check back to get to showdown, which ultimately we would be losing value. The stray club combos that villains may have are going to account for some portion of their range..but they will elect to take a pot control line if they make their hand, because it is not the nuts. Remember this, villains will often frequently check their draws, but they'll also call a bet or two to try and complete it.

Hand Analysis

The earlier we are to act pre-flop, our starting hand requirements should be tighter than in later positions. As mentioned above, with so many players left to act behind us..it'll increase the chances of a better range of hands being present. AK KQ KJ KT K9 KK AA QQ JJ TT all have us beat. We are only going to be flopping a flush draw 17% of the time with a two card flush combo. I wouldn't mind playing this hand from a later position.

Post flop, did you have any specific reads on the villains about their known hand ranges and tendencies from previously played hands? With the betting and raising action that ensued we are priced in on a call, as long as we do not run into a set or QJ our equity is close to break even.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 07:39 AM
(#14)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Step 2 - Sat Nov 09, 2013, 06:05 PM
(#15)
Hi,

1) Players may want to make big bets :

- To put a lot of pressure on opponents
- To bluff people of decent hands
- To gain value from very strong hands

2) I took the cash game quiz and passed it with 74%

3) And I had some difficulty with this hand :

Thanks ,
Slim .

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 03:22 AM
(#16)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

I would have limped this hand preflop when the action folds around to us in the small blind. I do not want to be playing an inflated pot out of position to try and set mine with one of the lowest possible pairs, almost every board texture we will not feel comfortable calling any bets or betting without having 3 of a kind or flopping some drawing equity to a straight ace to five and six high straight.

Post flop, even though a limping range is perceived as a weak range of holdings, there are some Ax combos that the villain may has that they consider to be weak due to their low kicker card A2 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 A9 (16 combos of each hand) and when it comes to X | X | X | X there are many possible flush combos of these hands that have us beat on the draw and/or flop. I would have elected to check fold to any bets made on the flop or turn, as i have the second worst flush draw possible and there are sever pair combos that have us beat. This would have saved us bets for a better value spot.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 03:23 AM
(#17)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Hands I lost with - Sun Nov 10, 2013, 06:16 AM
(#18)
Hi Here are the main two hands I lost with:

Hand 1:

Hand 2:

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 09:39 AM
(#19)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on just over a 20bb stack depth I'd be very selective when choosing my starting hand. There are no blind increases in cash games..so this allows me to play a bit tight than in a MTT format.. The hands that I would be looking to enter the pot with are ATs AJ AQ AK (16 combos fo each hand) KQs and all pocket pairs 88+. I would have folded this hand pre-flop facing an early position open raise, there are going to ge several hands that are within the villains range that have us beat, such as over pairs, AT and three of kind.

Post flop, there is a draw present and several hands mentined above that have us beat, but without specific reads about this villains tendencies..we can't feel certain whether or not we should raise or call..what reads did you have on this villain?

Hand Analysis

Preflop, it's fine to enter the pot from this position holding a suited ace, but keep in mind that this type of low kicker ace will not show a long term profit by frequently calling 3bet out of position.. A villain with tight 3bet range is going to have several Ax combos that have us out kicked AK AQ AJ AT etc.. and rarely will we feel comfortable playing for stack on a draw, top pair depending on certain board textures.

Post flop, I would have elected to check call on street on the flop depending on my pot odds and re-evaluate my course of action on the turn. As for our turn play, there is no need to sem-bluff our draw..infact it might be good to consider check folding the draw unless we are getting extremely good pot odds. There are just to many combos that have us beat JJ 22 55 KK AJ KJ AK KQ AA QQ and all of these hands are going to comrpise of a tight 3bet range...

Also please ONLY play full ring 9Max NLHE as your training is focused primarily on that game format.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Nov 11, 2013 at 09:42 AM..

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 09:59 AM
(#20)
Fantastic!

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2ndd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com