Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

EV Line - Running Bad

Old
EV Line - Running Bad - Sat Oct 26, 2013, 07:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
I know they say not to look at your EV line as it can be a bad indicator, but still please tell me things are going to even out. Doesn't seem much difference of $122 until I tell you and this is from playing 2NL......61 Buy ins WTF lol

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 07:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
try to suck out more

Old
Sat Oct 26, 2013, 08:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
Wow losing that many buyins at 2NL is BRUTAL!! You got to analyze what went wrong during this downswing and go from there.

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 02:51 AM
(#4)
I know I have probably made a lot of simple mistakes I wouldn't normally make out of frustration at times. You know when your running bad when you get it all in on the turn with the nut flush against someone with a GS Str8 FD and your speechless when they don't hit it lol.
I've got a new plan of making my game a bit more simple and play less variance. Keep it simple and get myself out the other side and hopefully I can start playing my opponents more when I get back to 5NL.
Please send me some good karma my way

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 07:26 AM
(#5)
Still running bad but slowly getting back to winning ways today.
Typical hand......Value town....population ME

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...984_D4872EBA97

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 07:58 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Mikey, I'm not totally sure, but ... except for the hands between 83,000 and 84,000 ... are you going all-in with a lot of bets/raises where you're getting pot odds to call, but you're like a 3:1 dog type situation?

I guess once in every four hands you should be winning in those spots, so like if that's not happening then yeah for sure you must be in a downswing. But those are higher variance spots, so that might be one reason for the massive divide between your two lines? I've never seen one so bad - yikes! Hang in there!!

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 08:40 AM
(#7)
Pre flop I'm not winning hardly any flips but not had a massive amount of them. Have had allot of all ins but I would say over 80% are post flop. On top of been out drawn after the money goes in I have had allot of these type hands.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...846_6643253ADF

You slow play and his most likely hands hit (Villan a NIT with Mainly FD's and over pairs in his range) and you end up making a crying call on the river.

TBH I feel like I've had a right good moan and my mind set is in a much more positive mind set. I just got to keep believing what I'm doing is good enough to crush these stakes. Even with this downswing I still have a win rate at 2NL of over 6bb/100

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 08:55 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_Luggs View Post
Even with this downswing I still have a win rate at 2NL of over 6bb/100
Oh well that's great to hear - cup half full Hope your downswing turns around for you really soon!!

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 09:36 AM
(#9)
Me too...thanks Sam

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com