2nl FR Zoom KJo

Old
2nl FR Zoom KJo - Sun Oct 27, 2013, 07:21 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

No reads on villain

tried to do the re-steal while in the blinds

Villain 4bets me a funny amount. Normally I will fold to a 4bet, but this time I decided to call with no initiative (probably spewing money) giving villain the best opportunity to cbet on the flop. Now I know that the optimal play will be based on reads, so against an unknown who 4bets a silly amount is this still a fold? If I had say 78s, or a pocket pair then it might be good (although I haven't done the maths where I might get the right odds) to call since I could end up with an OESD, a flush draw, or a set that I might be able to continue with, what do you guys think?

Should I have folded against this as I don't think this is a min4bet, because what am I going to do with KJ with a K comes out on the flop and villain c-bets and you think AK

would a min4bet be the following:

Villain raises on the button with 6c
Hero 3bets to 18c
villain 4bets to 34c

so...since I raised him to 18c, then 18c - 6c (his original bet) = 12c, so therefore a min4bet will be 12 x 2 = 24c?

Cheers,

Pullin

Last edited by pullin1988; Sun Oct 27, 2013 at 07:26 AM..

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 08:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Calling with a hand like KJ is better in a BvB scenario.

This is because he'll only continue with the part of his range that beats us, but if we flat he'll have hands worse than ours which we can extract value from post flop. ie K5s will fold to a 3b.

When he 4bets it's a pretty trivial fold. We are usually dominated and even if we hit a K we're still not sure if it's good.

Doesn't matter what immediate odds we are getting because our reverse implied odds are so huge.

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 09:17 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi pullin,

birdayy is spot on imo. I think we do better defending by flatting here generally, since 3-betting folds out a lot of his worse hands and dominated parts of his range.

And definitely fold to the 4b, his entire value 4b range dominates KJ and if we flop the best hand we don't rate to get much value, but if we hit a 2nd best hand it's going to cost us in a bloated 4b pot.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com